Singapore Airlines / the inability to make contact with anyone who can understand my problem.

I booked to fly to the UK for Christmas to see my grandchildren on 12 December 2016. Unfortunately on 1 November I fell and fractured my fibula. I attempted on many occasions to contact the airline by phone and email and was given email addresses to contact to discuss my situation. I didn't know whether I would be able to travel with a leg injury because of the possibility of DVT. I just wanted to find out as much information prior to my flight. I could not get an answer from anyone, that is the ones who bothered to reply. The one that did reply was a scripted message informing me that if I'd had a DVT in the last week to fill in the attached form. It also Informed me that the seats I had paid for on the Brisbane to Singapore and on return from Singapore were non refundable. I was travelling premium economy but they don't offer that service on the Brisbane to Singapore leg of the journey or Singapore to Brisbane so I opted to pay for more leg room. I had been booked into an exit seat which I knew I would not be permitted to occupy due to my injury. My son has also tried to contact the airline to attempt to change the seat with no luck, according to the website there are no other available seats. I also asked if I could get a discounted business class reservation which again was ignored, I wasn't asking for anything for nothing but thought that if I could afford the price all would be sorted out but again nothing. I am due to go to the fracture clinic on the 8 December, just 4 days before I am due to fly out. I hope that they will remove the cast and put me in a moon boot but nothing is guaranteed, it depends on the x-ray results. Either way I am not going to be able to sit in a seat where I have to climb over people or vice versa. If I cancel they will charge me $200 + the loss from the extra room seats. I don't want to cancel and understand that the lost revenue is not great but I have done everything I can think of to resolve the problem. Can you please help me to sort out this problem. I am 65 years old and would be travelling alone, being widowed last year. Thank you very much. Kind regards Sue Passant.

Su