Sify Broadband / Renewal problems!

1 India Review updated:

I am very surprised to see that a sify account renewal takes approx. 3 days or more to get activated. The online renewal service (cash payment option wherein the franchisee comes and collects the payment in a span of 3 days) does not work making the online renewal system useless. The customer service in the renewal section does not know what is happening and hence cannot service the person efficiently.

Sify being the largest Internet Service Provider in mumbai should be more efficient in renewal process as this problem occurs every time (had faced similar problems while renewing the last time). SIfy should look into the matter on priority basis as this must be happening to other Sify home users also.

The franchisee in the end activates the Internet at around 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm and the day then ends at 12:00 am which means 1 day just gets wasted and you get only 2 – 3 hours on the first day. Is this a strategy of sify...

Comments

• Su
      26th of Nov, 2007

Even i used the option of renewing my account online... Its neither accepting my credit card nor cash whereby the local service provider comes and collects the cash... Today it has been 10 days when i asked them for renewal... and no action is been taken... And the customer service and the renewal department has got no proper communication between them... when we call at customer care they are unable to give proper feedback... I am not at all satisfied with the service of sify... They need to improve a lot...

• Gi
      19th of Jan, 2008

I agree, the renewal servie is surely the worst among all.

Similar case happened with me: my line was down for about 4 days until today and I got it up my literally calling the local provider for almost 6-7 times between yesterday and today. And when the local connection got ok, the renewal option won't work.

I was taken aback how a company can launch a faulty webservice like this.. the Credit Card option is available and dosen't work ('cause my a/c has expired) since it requires web-access. The customer service girl said she her LAN is down so she can't do anything for the time-being. And moreover the 'Cash option' shows an error when clicked!!??

I would also like to share my first experiene at the Sify Customer Care.. when I checked my connection, my local line was working fine and the Sify server was not responding.. the TECHNICAL guy at Sify said- maybe your Broadbank cable is disconnected!!!??? What the heck- how can it be disconnected when i can diagnose and my local line is ok and sify server not responding..

I would be happy to lodge a formal complaint in the Consumer Redresal forum against Sify.

PS: I have now plans to shift to Airtel.

• Mc
      11th of Jun, 2008

I find it very difficult to renew the siffy account every month. Cash option is not working. I lose many days in getting them known. Customer care is just useless. They are just postmen. They can't do anything. The local people come for collection whenever they like.
    I think I have made a mistake in taking Siffy broadband

• Bi
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Sify BB is the worst broad band

• Ra
      13th of Oct, 2009
    Sify Broadband - Speed & veri bad cutomer care
    indivisual
    India

I am taken sify broadband connection 16/09/2009 my user id is pradhan 1984 company will not provide same facility to my connection
    Everi two days sevice was close.. I make call to local service provider.. They say ok i will resolve your problem... But no body take action... Many many times i make call to sify customer care number but ever time thy are provide compliant no but nothing reply... Who will take care this...

• Bu
      8th of Aug, 2016
    Sify Broadband - I have been experiencing pathetic internet service being provided by Sify Broadband
    sify.com

I have been experiencing pathetic internet service being provided by Sify Broadband. The connection stays only for 2-3 hours and after that the connectivity is lost. The customer service is unfriendly and unsupportive. They do not speak properly, are rude most of the time and do not take any proactive actions. The local engineers are bad as well. They do not pick up phone calls and do not respond properly. The problem is unattended for several days.

I have been facing this issue with Sify for quiet sometime now. I have tried all options with these folks. I have in the past escalated matters to their grievance redressal managers (I have copies of emails exchanged) only to be assured that problem wont repeat. However the same error crops up again and again.

I want back all my money spent on Sify connection, installation costs, unused service hour costs and the money spent by me on my telephone bills following up with these guys and the peace of mind that I have lost. Also I work from home and at times when the net fails, my lined up work and meetings suffer. I want to be compensated for that as well.

• Am
      8th of Aug, 2016

I have renewed for 381 but the value reflected only 231. on top of that the balance from 189 mysteriously went to 34 overnight when the pc was switched off. Now no at the call center is trying to resolve the complaint.

• Ji

Hi!

I am using siffy for the past 8-9 months. I have not ever received such a bad service from anywhere else. now, for the past 5 days i am having connection problem. Whenever we call to report a complaint, they will tell the concerned person is not there and they will let him know about the matter. Today its going to be the 5th day that i don't have internet connection. I am not able to work just because of their irresponsible behavior. Why they behave like this.

8th of Aug, 2016

Sify BB service is THE WORST SERVICE I have ever seen on this earth. To get the connection itself I struggled and after getting connection it worked for one hours and I am calling them from last 4-5 days, Sify customer service says, Local operator is not co-operating, they can't do anything. I LOST 3300 Rs for nothing.

WORST SERVICE, PLEASE DON"T EVER GO FOR SIFY.

• Ah
      8th of Aug, 2016

I got water supply in sify broadband connection , When it was rain i my laptop got into the trouble , whenever rains water come inside the cable, So guys be aware of sify broadband .

To get more pics and video pls email me.

8th of Aug, 2016

We don't pay for 1 hours connectivity per day.

Ask for 3 months free package as compensation, only then you may actually witness 10 days of connectivity.

SIFY SUCKS!

• My
    sify.com

Sify is pretty much the worst network provider in india...the only thing that sustained Sify was DC++ Lan connectivity and now those cockroaches have blocked DC++...well i think Sify has crossed a really thin line...

• Ne
    sify broadband
    India

I am in Pune. took Sify broadband connection. i ll advice plz dont take sify connection because:
    1) they don't have online renewal facility.
    2) local pune provider is giving very slow service. they will take one week to resolve any issue.

• Kh

Same case in Khondva,

I have paid 1500 rupees for installation charges before 4 weeks and at that time they said it will be done in max 5 days but till today noting has happened. Contact person was Jagdish (9372409675), now this guy don't even picking up my phone. And whenever i called up from other number, he gives false commitments.

DONT TRUST SIFY!

• Wa
    India

I am vexed up with these SIFY local vendors , no proper support nothing.When i asked them to shift my existing connection to new location which is 300 meters away, they said they don't have their network over there so they can't provide.

From higher officials of SIFY also there is no response.

So I request you all not to go for these kind of service which will not support you anymore.

• Vi
    broadband.sify.com

I have bad experience of non connectivity on not responding of franchisee, even after making complaint to customer care the connectivity was not proper. Out of thirty days there was no connectivity even after complaining of 10 days. So I need my validity 10 days more and need strong action against the concerned persons.

• La
      8th of Aug, 2016
    happyhours64kbpspack - I have been experiencing pathetic internet service being provided by Sify Broadband
    India

I have sify broadbandconnection on 26 December 2008 and paid 1270 under order reference number 406822.I have renewed it by paying Rs. 570 on 18/1/2008 under receipt number 53. It was again renewed on 21/2/2008 by paing Rs. 570 under receipt No. 401.It was further renewed on 21/3/2008 by paying Rs.570 under receipt No. 414.All these payments were made by cash through local provider i.e., RAJ ENTERPRISES. It appears that last payment made on 21/3/2008 was not brought to the recards of SIFY and there fore my connection was disconnected alleging non payment for renewal. As I could not get the internet I made complaint No.6727446 . The technical department informed me that my ID is being used by two other persons by name Ramamurthy of Moosarambagh, and Jagan of Malakpet and they will check it up. The technical department of SIFY are going on telling for about three to four days that the problem will be solved within 8 to 12 hours but with out solving the problem ultimately they informed me that it is a non technical problem and advised me to complaint to non technical department. Accordingly I made the complaint No.6734641 But without solving the problem they went on telling every time that it would be solved within 4 to 6 hours and ultimately after one week they informed us that the renewal of 21/3/2008 was not brought to their records and therefore it was disconnected. The renewal department was also going telling that they are enquiring with local prviders and settle the issue but so far they didn’t settle. Meanwhile we are also contacting floor leaders, who are also going on telling every time that they would enquire and settle the problem but except going on making such false promises the problem remained unsolved causing lot of inconvenience to me during examinations time. I request you to see that the problem is solved at once.

• We
    sify.com

I am using sify broadband connection. Last thrusday (23rd August) when I was using my laptop, suddenly there were sparks and my laptop got burnt. When I try to get it repaired from a Service Centre, they told me that it happend because of high voltage through Sify Broadband cable. I was lucky that I was at little bit distance at that time and I was not having my laptop on my lap. Otherwise I would have been hurt and defeinitely get electrified even.

Now, I have to pay a hefty amount to get my laptop repaired. But that is not the thing that botehrs me, rather the safety issue is important to me. There are thousands of people who are using Sify braodband service. I think they should be aware of this as well.

• Ku
    sify.com

I had purchased a Sify broadband connection on the 28th of April for which I had paid 1700 Rs. (1000 Rs. registration charges and 700 Rs. package charges for a month). The sales executive promised me that the connection would be activated the same evening. However, the sales executive did not turn up till 10 pm in the night. When he did turn up, he gave me a free connection for 7 days and said that the connection pack that I had paid for would be activated in a couple of days. I was fine with the idea. However, post 2 days there was no update on my account with Sify. I called up their Customer Service number on the 4th of May and the guy on the line informed me that my account would be renewed within 24 hours. However, there was no renewal done on my account post 24 hours. I gave the customer service guys a call back again and the same thing was repeated, stating that the account would be renewed in 24 hours. I called them again today and was promised a call back by their manager within an hour. After 3 hours of waiting for a call back, when I contacted them again, I got a chance to speak with their Floor Supervisor named Habib. She said that she would be unable to provide me with information on refund as I wanted to discontinue my account. All in all, a very frustrated customer, who does not even want a refund of the 1700 Rs. now! Really fed up with the appalling Customer Service, or should I say non-Service.

• Pr
    Sify Broadband - Services are worst
    Satyam Group Of Companies
    India

I'm Prachi Sharma & my sify broadband user id is: dahiya_15. I have the sify broadband connection at my home from January2007. From that time till now not a single week is passed properly when i didn't write to Sify Customer Care about the carelessness & lack of services provided by the local Service Provider Mr. Himanshu of Sonipat. This directly indicates that there is a tie between the Sify Higher Authorities & the local ISP that's why the higher authorities didnt took any action against him.
    Now, the situation is very-2 irritating... i have to call almost daily or even more than twice or thrice a day to remind the local ISP & Sify Customer Care about the problems telephonically as their internet didnt work properly.
    Moreover, if i have any problem regarding my internet connection, the ISP didnt pick the Phone call & a few days back when he didnt pick the call at last i went to their father's shop regarding my complaint he starts using abuse words inbetween the market. Neither the ISP perform its duties properly nor he refunds the amount as he refused to give his services.
    Now, let me know if any of the sify authority will be at customer end what they will do. As i'm suffering after taken the SIFY BROADBAND connection, i'll not even recommend SIFY BROADBAND to any of my enemy.

Regards,