shoppersdisc.co.uk / taking money without permission

1 Brighton, England, East Sussex, United Kingdom Review updated:

Shoppers discount.co.uk have taken for the last 2 months £10 permonth for no reason at all without my permission why are they doing this. I want this to stop and my money paid back into my account. You would need to check with my bank about details.

Comments

• Bi
      4th of Feb, 2013

The same thing has happened to me, I want my money back.

• Hi
      1st of Nov, 2013

I noticed RECURRENT TRANSACTION 08007319935 SHOPPERDISC.CO.UK on my credit card for £10
    From: http://www.shopperdisc.co.uk/?gclid=CJD3vre7w7oCFbMbtAodiSgA_Q
    I got phone number 0800 731 9935 called, and cancelled membership via automatic system, to stop any more payments .
    I have written to my credit card company asking how to get money back and how they got my card details.

4th of Nov, 2013

Hello Forum Members:

The Shopper Discounts & Rewards programme provides great value to people who shop online regularly. We have thousands of consumers who save hundreds of pounds each year. Our discount offers and cashback deals make a real difference in this difficult economic environment. The only way you can become a member of Shopper Discounts & Rewards is by completing an online registration form where you need to input your name, email and postal address, and your credit or debit card details. You also need to create and verify a password and then click a yes button to agree to our membership terms and conditions. Membership is free for the first 30 days so that you can try it out, and after that it is £10 per month. Members are free to cancel their membership at any time.

We want you to know that we’re here to help you with your queries about Shopper Discounts & Rewards. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by calling our customer service team at 0800 731 9935 (this is a free phone) or you can contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk. If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

Kind regards,

• Ia
      28th of Jan, 2014

To whom it may concern,
    Firstly, I would like you to stop my membership as of now, and I would like you to stop taking money from my account of £10.00 every month.

Secondly, I want to know how you got authorisation to deduct this money from my current account, as I certainly did not knowingly authorise such payments.

Thirdly, I want the money that your company has fraudulanty deducted from my account refunded without delay.

I have instructed my bank not to make any more payments to yourselves.

Regards,
    Ian E. Morris

28th of Jan, 2014

Hello Ian:

I will be happy to assist you but without further details I am unable to identify your Shopper Discounts & Rewards record. Please contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk so that I can identify your record and resolve your query to your satisfaction. Thank you.

Kind regards

• Su
      14th of Nov, 2014

Hi, I don't understand why you are taking monies of £10 for the last 2 months out of my account without my authorisation . Please put the money back or I will contact my bank.

With Regards

Susan Evans

20th of Mar, 2015

I received my Barclay statement and have been debited £15.00 on 2nd March 2015, for services which I did not request. Please remove this item from my account. This definitely is a scam. They gave a phone number 08007319935.

• Sh
      31st of Mar, 2015

Hello Mazel:

We will be happy to assist you but we first need to identify your membership record which we currently have not been able to do. Please get in touch with Shopper Discounts & Rewards directly using the following details: [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk, 0800 731 9935, or you can contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk.

Shopper Discounts and Rewards is a savings programme for people who shop online regularly. The membership benefits include 10% cashback at over 650 online retailers, 20% off popular gift cards and a monthly cashback reward. It’s free for the first 30 days so you can try it out, and after that there is a monthly fee. Members can cancel their membership at any time.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Shopper Discounts & Rewards sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full.

We hope you contact us directly so that we can resolve your query to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,