Shopperdiscounts C Ref O8o8 234 1539unautherised deduction on my debit card

M

I have just discovered that £10 per month has been going out of my bank account for at least 3 months ever since I bought a rechargable Electrolux Rapido vac cleaner, and made a one off payment for it. The bank statement says "shopperdiscounts C ref [protected]" This is an unauthorised direct debit and I will be taking my bank to task about not checking with me first. However I still need it to be stopped and my money to be refunded. My e mail address is [protected]@btinernet.com . I believe that other people have also had the same problem, so I need to get to the bottom of this. sincerely Patricia Zolcik. PS My account identification with Electricshopping.com. is #148826

• Updated by Maryo · Dec 07, 2009

Hello:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issues are resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at [protected]. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
    Mary

• Updated by Maryo · Aug 31, 2010

Hello:

I'm sorry you experienced difficulty reaching me via the email address I provided in my previous comment. I recently found that there were technical errors with that email address. However, the issue has been fixed and that email address is now working again. Please try to contact me again at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Mary

• Ev
    Evgeniya Nov 25, 2009

I had the same problem! You should give them a call [protected] and they can cancel so called "membership" for you and also if you haven't used them (their promotion discounts and stuff) then they'll refund your money within 10 days...Good luck.

joolscezar Jan 13, 2010

I have noticed the same £10 deduction being made from my credit card. I am normally very wary of using my credit card online or giving my details. Thus, there are few potential culprits that I can specifically identify. Last December, after much nagging from my wife, I decided to order a couple pizzas online from Pizza Hut. I had to register my details and credit card information. Immediately after ordering the pizzas, I got redirected to a webpage affiliated with Pizza Hut. And the website was shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk. When I signed up for it, I noticed that it was a waste of time but nowhere in the online literature did I read about monthly subscription charges. That is my fault and that the cliche 'read the fine print' is often taken for granted. Anyway, I contacted my bank to dispute it because I did not give them my details, it was Pizza Hut and it was for a one time transaction. I have also written to shopperdis.. and I am awaiting a reply. This is ludicrous and to think that many people don't check their bank accounts and statements regularly. I check online EVERYDAY.

I am going to write to the Mary lady to see where this goes. If all else fails I am going to report my credit card as stolen.

10 Jan SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.CO.UK [protected] GBR £10.00

• Gr
    Greathey Aug 23, 2010

I also found that 10 pounds are taken from my account every month by the same shopperdiscounts. It seems that "joolscezar" got the right explanation because that's precisely what happened to me.

I tried to email Mary but as expected her email is incorrect. I wrote to my bank now demanding an immediate cancellation of all future transactions with shopperdiscounts and I'll consider filing a claim at the court if I don't get my money back.

This is blatant theft