Shoppers Drug Mart / bad customer service and gross incompetence

1 255 Morningside Ave, Scarborough, ON M1E 3E6Scarborough (Toronto), Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I lined up to drop my (prescription: refill) in this Shoppers Drug Mart (Ghulam Rabbani Pharmacy Inc.) in Morningside and Kingston (Morningside Crossing), Scarborough. Two receptionists in the drop off section were talking to and laughing with each other paying little attention to the line. Got pissed. After a while, a receptionist said, "Hi". I told her "I'm here for a refill of my medication". I gave her my id. She gave me a buzzer in a grumpy face.
I'd been waiting holding my buzzer to buzz but it didn't buzz in an hour. I went back to the reception (pick up) and the guy saw my buzzer and told me with annoyance on his face, "You've to be patient, this buzzer will buzz when your medication is ready."
I came back to my chair. Waited almost another hour, buzzer didn't buzz, nobody called me to pick the medication.
After almost two hours frustrating wait, I went back to the reception (pick up) again and explained to a young man. He checked and didn't find my medication on their usual medication tray. After a while, he got my medication and gave me.
I asked him why so late. He replied, "The reception in drop off didn't add the buzzer number in your file to buzz you."
Got pissed. Asked for the manager, he came and when I saw him my first impression was he is severely incompetent.
We had an argument, he didn't explain why there was no supervisor/manager on the floor to watch/check the processed medication that was sitting somewhere without any notice for almost two hours. He didn't say why someone didn't call me when my medication was ready, and when a buzzer was not added to my file because of their mistake?
Left this place being pissed. In the previous couple of experiences that I had, disgusting customer service with a rigid face, bad attitude, more process time, and less explanation. Simply disgusting.

Fo
Dec 12, 2018

Comments

Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Why do you go there? It's notorious for bad customer service and incompetence. Its management is bad, bad. Go to Food Basics Pharmacy.

Just to add:

BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating of "F" not surprising at all - company website makes no provision for a customer to register a complaint or request resolution by e-mail. ""Customer Care"" 800 access yields no useful response / resolution.

Website meds renewal attempt yields continuous loop around "captcha"

Phone contact attempts ("new phone service") wait times 10, 15+ mins. This is a bad organizational culture.

12th of Dec, 2018

@Josh20 yeah, now I understand why their service is so bad, and employees are this much incompetent. This Shoppers Drug Mart in Morningside and Kingston needs to improve a lot.

• Dg
      12th of Dec, 2018

Shoppers Drug Mart isn't as good now as it was 20 years ago. Bad management has eaten up this company, you can't buy medication here for your life.

12th of Dec, 2018

@DGFolignos Ok, I'm not going there anymore. Scared that I bought medication there for my health.

12th of Dec, 2018

This's a bad place, more people, less productivity. sub-par CS. Lousy management.

12th of Dec, 2018

Your behavior is disgusting. How many accounts are you going to create so it looks like others agree with you?

13th of Dec, 2018

@naere You're simply a shameless crook. Why don't others need to agree with me? Look, look at other Shoppers Drug Mart complaints in this board. You crooks incompetent guys won't learn the lesson. Still arguing. You must be an employee of Shopper's Drug Mart, right? Learn first who to serve your customers, and then argue.

Again have you served the medication in two hours, this complaint must not be here. Deal with your problem, Shoppers Drug Mart. Don't you feel shame for your incompetence and negligence in workplace?

I didn't make any new accounts, I don't need to. It's the thinking of your crooked mindset.

13th of Dec, 2018

@naere I checked your profile. You've 120+ complaints/comments in less than a month. You live in Canada, (as your posts say), but your profile says you're posting from the United States. You, professional crooked troller, are working for Shoppers Drug Mart as well? A disgusting person.

13th of Dec, 2018

@naere I found more after a search. You and icemanfist are the same person. You crook troller, you're arguing in other threads using two nicks. That's why I said you've a crooked mindset.

Maybe, you're using more nicks here to put people down, to defy people's genuine complaints. I don't like to waste my time on a disgusting person like you.

FBI or RCMP should investigate you and Shoppers Drug Mart.

19th of Dec, 2018

@Fotor648 Of course you made separate accounts. No way would you find supporters within minute of your post. This site does not work that way.Also mommy needs to give you a good slap across the face for lying and implying that I work for Shoppers Drug Mart. If you were not so stupid you would be able to click on my username and see that I have replies to OTHER companies as well. Does that mean I work for those companies. Grow up child. Mommy needs to take away your internet. I don't even live in Canada you stupid child. You do realize that the IP addresses match your original complaint right stupid child. Now I an be an idiot and claim that you made this up because they fired you but unlike you I don't make ASSumptions. I am not an idiot. Besides I am sure that the child labor laws in Canada are the same as ours so since you are obviously nine years old they would not be allowed to hire you legally.

19th of Dec, 2018

@Fotor648 From US liar. I do not work for Shoppers. But why are you sending me private messages telling me that daddy raped you? I bet you are so stupid that you think I work for those companies as well. You are nothing but a liar whose mommy needs to take away your computer. Grow up child You need a good slap across the face. I only have one name it is You that has more than one. Disagreeing is not trolling. IF your daddy really did rape you when you were young he should be investigated by FBI. Also disagreeing with you is not trolling. But telling me in PM that your daddy raped you when he did not is. FBI is not going to investigate people telling you that you are wrong or Shopper's Drug Mart for not giving you good customer service. You really are a child. You need a good slap from mommy. Then again you said when you told her that daddy raped you she said you were lying. No wonder you are messed up.

• Mr
      24th of Dec, 2018

@naere Is it me, naere or does that happen to you alot?

24th of Dec, 2018

@naere You ugly retard Lucifer, I made comments as per your fake comments. I'm sure when your mom conceived you, she was screwed twice by two wacky goons peed in their pants. You professional liar, if I have experience in that Shoppers Drug Mart in Scarobourgh multiple times than how come I post from the USA? You hypocrite. ugly animal, stop trolling and hurting those who were badly treated by reverse-racist Shoppers Durg Mart, and why should I send the reply to your personal folder when there's only one button to reply. Are you mad with so much cuckoo in your spinning head? Look look at the mirror, see how ugly you're but I'm sure your heart is uglier than this.

30th of Dec, 2018

@Mrs Bean There are some people on this site that are or pretend to be pedophiles, child beaters, wife beaters, mother rapers, victims of rape. Fotor648 is one of them and has many accounts to make it appear that others agree with him. They make up sob stories about their daddy raping them and telling their mother and then claiming she did not believe them. All a bid for a desperate need for attention.