Shoppers Drug Martbad customer service and gross incompetence

I lined up to drop my (prescription: refill) in this Shoppers Drug Mart (Ghulam Rabbani Pharmacy Inc.) in Morningside and Kingston (Morningside Crossing), Scarborough. Two receptionists in the drop off section were talking to and laughing with each other paying little attention to the line. Got pissed. After a while, a receptionist said, "Hi". I told her "I'm here for a refill of my medication". I gave her my id. She gave me a buzzer in a grumpy face.
I'd been waiting holding my buzzer to buzz but it didn't buzz in an hour. I went back to the reception (pick up) and the guy saw my buzzer and told me with annoyance on his face, "You've to be patient, this buzzer will buzz when your medication is ready."
I came back to my chair. Waited almost another hour, buzzer didn't buzz, nobody called me to pick the medication.
After almost two hours frustrating wait, I went back to the reception (pick up) again and explained to a young man. He checked and didn't find my medication on their usual medication tray. After a while, he got my medication and gave me.
I asked him why so late. He replied, "The reception in drop off didn't add the buzzer number in your file to buzz you."
Got pissed. Asked for the manager, he came and when I saw him my first impression was he is severely incompetent.
We had an argument, he didn't explain why there was no supervisor/manager on the floor to watch/check the processed medication that was sitting somewhere without any notice for almost two hours. He didn't say why someone didn't call me when my medication was ready, and when a buzzer was not added to my file because of their mistake?
Left this place being pissed. In the previous couple of experiences that I had, disgusting customer service with a rigid face, bad attitude, more process time, and less explanation. Simply disgusting.

Fo

Comments

Best Best Advice

Why do you go there? It's notorious for bad customer service and incompetence. Its management is bad, bad. Go to Food Basics Pharmacy.

Just to add:

BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating of "F" not surprising at all - company website makes no provision for a customer to register a complaint or request resolution by e-mail. ""Customer Care"" 800 access yields no useful response / resolution.

Website meds renewal attempt yields continuous loop around "captcha"

Phone contact attempts ("new phone service") wait times 10, 15+ mins. This is a bad organizational culture.

• Fo
      Dec 12, 2018

@Josh20 yeah, now I understand why their service is so bad, and employees are this much incompetent. This Shoppers Drug Mart in Morningside and Kingston needs to improve a lot.

• Dg
      Dec 12, 2018

Shoppers Drug Mart isn't as good now as it was 20 years ago. Bad management has eaten up this company, you can't buy medication here for your life.

• Fo
      Dec 12, 2018

@DGFolignos Ok, I'm not going there anymore. Scared that I bought medication there for my health.

Dec 12, 2018

This's a bad place, more people, less productivity. sub-par CS. Lousy management.