Shell / poor customer service

Tacoma, WA, United States Review updated:

I've been going to the Shells Gas station location on 2631 S. 38th St. Tacoma, WA 98409 for the past 2 years. Since May of this year I've been experiencing issues with the receipts not printing out at the gas pump. I have asked the 2 male clerks who work there on a few occasions when will the issue be resolved, and each one responded soon. They stated they have report the issue to the manager as well as corporate, and the issue is getting fixed. Now, 2 months have lapsed and still the same issue occurs. If I will be using my debit card/credit card at the Shells Gas station it doesn't make sense for me to go into the store to get a receipt from the clerk. This has been an ongoing issue, and is frustrating which also caused me to be late with clients on a few occasions because I had to go into the store to get a printed receipt. About a month ago, I asked the 2 male clerks again when will the issue be resolved, and they stated again soon. They have also told me that the pumps on the end, where were 8, 9, and 10 work as well as a few others. When I went today to get gas 10/19/2017 at 11:00 a.m. I went to pump 10, because what I was told previously by the two male clerks. My receipt did not print, as I waited for 45sec.; therefore, I went into the store to ask for a printout, and the same male was there who informed me which pumps to go to. I then proceeded to tell him that he lied about the pumps, and he gave me another fictious story about the gas pumps. I asked him if corporate knew about the issue, and he stated yes. When I got my receipt, I did circle around to see of it printed, and still no receipt. I am complaining, because I was lied to about the pumps, tedious to go into the store when I am not paying cash or getting anything, and falling back on my appointment times with my clients due to a line forming inside of the gas station or the clerks not being at the counter when needed. I feel like this issue has been ongoing and has occurred way to long for me to even consider getting gas from any other Shells station. I will take my service over to Costco, because their prices are reasonable. However, I would gladly appreciate it if someone can contact me at vanilla.[protected]@gmail.com to address my concerns further.

Thanks,

Ve
Oct 19, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Oct 20, 2017

I personally would either start paying in-store or go elsewhere at this point.