Shell Oil Co. / no common business courtesy to assist a customer!

In 2004 I overpaid my Shell gas credit card by $200. Shell sent me a check for the same amount while I was in Indonesia, working the tsunami disaster... Consequently the check was voided (90 day limited). Note: Shell does not honor, like most businesses, a plus balance on an account. When I returned from Indonesia I returned the check, requesting a new one be issued. To date, almost 2 yrs later, I have not received the money due to me.

I have called Shell credit card services 12 times in this time period and have written three letters to:

1) Shell Credit Cards Services,

2) Customer Service Manager

3) Customer Relations, Shell Headquarters to ask for assistance - to no avail. I have not received a reply, an e-mail nor a phone call.

I think this borders on scandal. This company has earning in the millions/billions and they do not have the common business courtesy to assist a customer.

Regards,
Gisla.

• Jeffrey Tan's Response, Aug 25, 2017

I have submitted to shell customer service couple weeks ago but till today there is no feedback.

• Lindalee777's Response, Apr 14, 2018

I am very upset I have change card eat not happy employee was not helpful

• ExtremelyAnnoyed1's Response, Jul 14, 2018

I don’t want to have to wait to receive my back for gas I didn’t even Get. It’s not right

• Subhash p's Response, Sep 24, 2018

I'm Subhash P From India Karnataka Bangalore I'm winning Prize 3 Crore it's true r [censored] tel me plssssssssss he is asking 10, 700 to pay wat I do tel me

no common business courtesy to assist a customer!
Gi

Comments

• Cl
      18th of May, 2007

I recently purchased gasoline at a Shell Station at 2900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, Nevada. I gave the cashier $20.00 cash. I pumped regular unleaded at $3.79 per gal, 5.430 gals. , cost $19.00. When I asked for my $1.00 change the cashier said I used $20.00, although the pump showed $19.00. He then printed me a receipt showing total $19.00. I do have the receipt. The manager appeared and didn't want to give my change. It's not the $1.00 - it's the principal - if they cheat every customer all day they have a nice extra profit. I finally insisted on my change and they did give it to me. I started on the highway and noticed that I didn't get any gas - my gouge showed the same amount of gas in my vehicle as when I entered the station. Not wanting to have to go through another scene, I decided to "eat" my loss and went on my way. It bothers me that more people may be pleased as I was. Now, I know it could have been an equipment error the cashier and manager may not have been aware of. I don't know how often individual stations are inspected for accuracy but it seems to me this particular station needs to be inspected. I have used Shell gas for many years and have never experienced this problem. I don't know if it is possible for you to let me know what happened but I would appreciate a reply.

• Bi
      11th of Dec, 2007

Purchased regular gas in Weed ca made it twenty mile's had to have vehicle towed to K Falls Or. Dealer said contaminated fuel caused pump and filter failure. The sample the dealer took from tank looked like water with a slight smell of gas. This occurred on a business trip to Sandy Or as a result loss of wage's not to mention being stranded on highway 97 on the 16th of november. When I contacted station and station owner no one would accept responsibility "big surprise". This little adventure set me back approx $3000.00.

• Je
      13th of Jun, 2008

Today 6/13/08 I purchased 20.00 cash gas from this shell station 2207 valley, pomona, ca. i noticed it didn't feel like anything was coming out, it was registering but nothing coming out. When I went to check on my car meter it did absolutely nothing nor did the computer on my car register the 4.40 gallons. I went inside to check with the attendant and she didn't speak English and basically I just lost 20.00. I went down the street to Valero but another 20.00 in and it immediately registered. Beware consumers of this gas station-big scam going on there.

• Ri
      10th of Mar, 2010

Shell station
    6014 Leesburgh Pike
    Falls Church
    VA 22041
    This station was giving rebates of 5 cents per gallon on gas pumped!
    Now, they will only give the rebate if you use CASH!
    I pumped 10.117 Gallon on March 10, 2010 and used my
    Shell card.
    They told they had a new policy. So, no rebate.
    So, what good is my Shell card now?
    A card I have had since 1966!
    I guess I have a choice of other stations.
    All I can say is, this is a bad time to change a policy like that during a
    recession!!
    Richard Hall
    3300 Coryell Lane
    Alex, VA 22302
    rtaylorhall@aol.com

• Pe
      2nd of Jul, 2010

We travel through out Ca. and use Shell when we can. Lately my cards, wifey too, has to be either left at the cashier, or the purchase has to be put on another card, or cash. This nessitates two trips from the islands to the cashiers booth. The magnetic strip doesnt work at the pump. When wifey came it and told me that she had to do the above I got irritated and called Shell customer services to complain, they told me that there were too many purchses on the cards and they had put a block on my card because of excessive use. As they did this without notifying us, I cancelled the cards.Of course they acted in my best interest, to protect me...

• Mo
      13th of Aug, 2018
    Shell - Customer service
    Providence
    Rhode Island

I was pulling into the gas station on mineral spring ave, north providence, RI to put gas on saturday night August 4th 2018. However, a lady empolyee came out running and yelling at me that she is closed and i'm not suppose to put gas. She was so rude and unacceptable to treat customers the way she does.

• Ca
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Shell Service Station - Gasoline
    Rancho Cordova
    California

Sunrise Blvd off of hwy 50 east in Rancho Cordova Ca I quit getting gas there because if you don't buy a car wash with your gas purchase it costs an additional 15 cents a gallon for gas. Rediculous

• Ex
    Shell - Not getting Gas/need refund
    Sorrento
    Florida

I was at Sorrento, Florida shell gas station and paid $19 for gas inside but something happened with machine so I never got my gas and I'm told I can get refund for 3 days so now I couldn't get all my gas. I want my $ back.

• Ge
    Shell - cridit card fraud
    Elgin
    Texas

The Shell station in Elgin Tx. (78621) at 290 and county line rd. is constantly getting skimmer on their pumps and the manger does not seem to care.

• Da
    Shell - Service
    tampa
    Florida
    google.com

The way I was spoken to was horrible And was very unappreciated

Shell - Giant Foods Gas Reward Program
    Silver Spring
    Maryland

Woodmoor Shell located at 10144 Colesville Rd, Silver Spring, MD would not apply the Giant Gas Reward points to my gasoline purchase. When I pumped the gas, the points had not been taken off. When I went back inside, the attendant had a nasty attitude and told me to contact Giant.

The date of the purchase was August 11, 2018 at 10:49 a.m. Pump #1

• Zu
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Shell - Hay 9950 chinguacousy Sheel At 2:50 pm the worker did not let me use the wc a behavior that does not suit a big company like a shell
    Canada

Hay
    9950 chinguacousy Sheel
    At 2:50 pm the worker did not let me use the wc
    a behavior that does not suit a big company like a shell

• Je
    Shell - Car wash
    Santa Ana
    California

I paid at the pump for a car wash and discovered the car wash was broken. The cashier would not refund my money and told me the code worked at all shell stations. I went to another station and while in line called to make sure it would work and they said no. So I'm out $10 and still have a dirty car. I would like my money refunded. Code:783174

Shell - Closing at 11pm when on the door says 12am
    The Colony
    Texas

5301 highway 121 The Colony Tx 75056 979-624-9121 is closed at 11pm and the door says 12 am. This is not acceptable. 20ish looking guy with headphones and a grocery cart waved me away saying it's closed as he locks the doors behind him at 11 05pm 8/13/18. Please correct this or change your times of operation.

21st of Aug, 2018
    Shell Gas Station - Gas spill over body and car.
    Lexington, South Carolinal

I was at the shell station on high way 378 in Lexington SC 29072 at 4:30 I started to pump my and the gas went over my body, my clothes, my car I reported this to the staff on duty. I left with a bad head ache, my shoes cannot be used again, my jeans cannot be used again, I am unsure about the paint on my car.

Mary Simmons Robinson
    803 295 1867

• Ba
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Shell - Not complaint. Just want policy about pets in service stations.
    Metairie, LAKenner, Louisiana

Are small dogs (6 lbs.) allowed in gas station while on a leash? Is the policy different if it is a service or therapy dog?

• Mi
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Shell - cashier service
    Conneaut
    Ohio

yes i was at the shell gas station in conneaut ohio i had a gift card for 25 i got energy drinks and wanted the rest in gas the cashier at the time gave me attitude and rolled her eyes at me because i said after the drinks were purchased i want the rest for gas and she was furious she had to re ring me up with my fuel card also... I was not happy.

• Lo
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Shell - Shell reward's card
    Lexington
    Georgia

I keep getting information about an apparent card I have registered, I don't have a card so could you please delete me from your system.

• Ci
      4th of Sep, 2018
    Shell - Customer service
    San Luis Obispo
    California

So I went to the shell gas station on foothill blvd and Santa Rosa st and I driving with little kids in the car we came to use the bathroom and the person attending me said I can't use the bathroom unless I'm getting gas ⛽️ this pisses me tf off

5th of Sep, 2018
    Shell - I couldn't get my refund
    Lagrange
    Georgia

I bought some antifreeze from store #30 in Lagrange Ga. I didn't open it and returned it with in 5 minutes and couldn't get my refund.