Shell / false advertising
I am writing this complaint in regards to Shell's gas pricing practices. Apparently, my local Shell station now offers cash and credit prices for their gas. However, they advertise the cash price in the main part of their sign (the part with the HUGE numbers) and the credit price in the smaller part where the diesel price is usually displayed.
Now, this is deceiving in many ways. One, people will think that the large price is the normal price, whether paid for with cash, debit or credit. But once arriving at the pump, customers see that isn't the case. Those who pay by card are screwed for the higher price advertised in the smaller numbers (with the words "Regular Credit" in VERY small letters by the price). Second, without looking carefully, consumers think that smaller price is the diesel price and think, "Wow, diesel has really dropped in price" only to be deceived once arriving at the pump (due to poor signage of prices). These examples only prove even more that Shell is deceiving it's consumers.
I personally will never shop at a Shell station ever again, and I urge other customers to the same. As far as this "Cash and credit" separate pricing policy, Shell is the ONLY one in my city doing this. Mobil, Citgo, BP, etc. do not do this and nor should they. Even with the cash price, Shell is still 10 cents higher that other stations, including Mobil (which used to be the highest in town, BTW).
Shell has lost my business forever.
More Shell Complaints & Reviews
- Shell Petroleum Devp Comp UK - mobile draw 2009 200000 gbp 
- Shell Petroleum Development Company of England - the 200 9 shell u. k mobile award 
- Shell Petroleum Development Company of England - winner of mobile draw 
- Shell Int'l Mobile Draw - fraud sms 
- Shell Petroleum Development Company of England - fake sms 
- Shell - claranette at battle ground, wa location
- Shell - unauthorized charges
- Shell - worker/customer service
- Shell - not getting receipt from outside pump machines
- Shell - customer service