Shell / employee did not provide change

1 Pompano Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

301 Sample Rd.
Pompano Beach, FL
11/06/16

I stopped at this shell station to buy beverages and fill my gas tank. First I walked into the store to purchase my drinks. I came to the register and the employee ( a young in his early twenties either African American or Haitian American, with short hair) ignored me to continue typing on his phone.
After I greeted him and said "I'm ready this is all I have" he stood up and rang in my items.
He mumbled something, which I assume was the total. After looking at the register marquee, I saw my total and gave the young man a $20 bill.
My change total on the marquee was $10.13 . He handed me a $10 bill and seemed like he was finished. I looked down into the register and I saw a row of pennies.
He looked at me as if I were crazy then handed me a dime.
I asked "you're not going to give me my three cents?"
He said, with a big sigh, while falling back in his chair and shoving the register closed "I don't have it"

I understand that three cents is not a lot of money, but in my household every penny counts.
I'm almost positive that what he did was illegal.
I was offended, I felt taken advantage of, and I will never return to this location. If a man came up to me and took three pennies from my pocket I would be just as upset. This sort of action, and interaction is unacceptable.

I immediately left the location to purchase gas elsewhere.

I'm not sure what sort of resolution could be made, I'm not going to ask for you to cut me a check for three cents. But I do feel taken advantage of, and i am really upset.

As
Nov 6, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      6th of Nov, 2016

Then there are those who think these people are waiters and leave their change.