Shaw Floors / Very poorly treated by Shaw Flooring
Shaw Burmese Teak Engineered Wood Flooring Shaw Flooring Dalton, GA In November 2006 we purchased Burmese Teak Engineered wood flooring manufactured by Shaw Flooring from an Internet seller, The Floor Store. to replace an oak engineered wood floor damaged by water. During installation, we noticed the floor was developing scratches, dents and pitting. In fact, following manufacturers directions, we placed a sheet of masonite under the refrigerator prior to rolling it in place and the floor still was dented from the rollers. This was disturbing since the floor was advertised as kid friendly and suitable for commercial traffic and yet it was not as durable as the old floor we previously owned. We concluded that the lot we received must have been defective since it was not as durable as advertised.
We contacted the Floor Store who had Shaw send an "independent" inspector who concluded that our dogs caused the problems. This didn't make sense since the dogs had not been allowed into the area and isolated boards showed the denting phenomenon. I explained the problem to the Floor Store who told me to sue Shaw if I was unhappy. We began contacting Shaw to obtain the results of the testing on the sample boards the inspector had sent them.
After weeks of unanswered calls and messages, we were told that the boards had not been tested, they looked at them and they appeared okay. It was suggested that we have the flooring tested by an independent, certified laboratory.
We searched and found an accredited lab that would perform the testing at our expense, but they needed specifications from Shaw prior to testing.
Again, we were referred to another person at Shaw who said he would obtain the information for us. After more weeks of unanswered calls and messages, it was evident that we would not be given the information necessary to have the floor tested.
We now have spent considerable money to replace a floor with one that is not durable or family friendly. We have been very poorly treated by Shaw Flooring who did not even have the courtesy to tell us they would not be able to give us any assistance and the Floor Store has maintained all wood floor scratches and dents and if we are unhappy, sue Shaw.
More Shaw Floors Complaints & Reviews
- Shaw Laminate Flooring - Nonsense 
- Shaw Laminate Flooring - Beware 
- Shaw Flooring (Anderson Hardwood Floors)/Magellian Brazillian Ipe hardwood floors - Defective floors - bad service 
- Shaw Laminate Flooring - Defective Laminate 
- Shaw Laminate Flooring - poor quality 
- Shaw Floors - Laminate flooring 
- Shaw Laminate Flooring - planks bulding, coming apart where it is suppose to lock in,just installed two weeks ago date 4/7/2015 
- Shaw Flooring Laminate - Knowingly Producing Defective Products
- Shaw Flooring - warping bubbling 
- Shaw Flooring - Wood does not match sample