Shane Co / Chipped diamond replacement
I noticed one of the prongs on my diamond had broken off for the second time in a year. I dropped my ring off back at the ShaneCo. for repair. They called to inform me that my diamond had a small chip in it, but they would replace it for a like diamond for free as part of the warranty if I'd like. I don't believe my diamond was chipped prior to taking it in as it was not mentioned when they inspected it the day I left it for repair. Regardless, they said they would replace it.
My husband and I decided that this might be a good time to upgrade my diamond so they showed us several in a larger size. We were greatly disappointed in the clarity of some of the higher quality diamonds (could see inclusions with our eyes on a VS2). The associate told us that it was because the GIA standards have loosened up a bit since we purchased my diamond 13 years ago and that my diamond would have a higher clarity today. Of course, they wouldn't upgrade my diamond classifications. He said not to worry because the ShaneCo would replace it for one that looked like mine, not necessarily with what the paperwork stated. So, we decided to just replace it with an equivalent diamond. I will not be giving them any additional business, will not recommend them to anyone, and will not accept a diamond that I am not happy with!
They showed me 3 diamonds that they said were comparable (same specifications) but they were not. They had black specks and inclusions that were very visible to the naked eye. I can't believe that in the entire store, they only have 3 diamonds comparable to mine (all of which actually looked worse!) So they requested three additional diamonds from other stores for me to look at. She called to say they have better clarity than the ones she previously showed me but they had to go down in color to get a higher clarity grade. It appears that they are only interested in replacing my diamond with one at the equivalent expense and not one that is truly equivalent to mine!! Although the associate has been very polite, I am VERY disappointed in the way they do business.
More Shane Co Complaints & Reviews
- Shane Co. - Fraud and cheating 
- The Shane Company - I have never been so disappointed and disgusted in my life 
- Shane Company - white gold 
- The Shane Company - They will never get business from us again
- Shane Company - damaged wedding ring while in their possession!
- The Shane Company - Avoid
- The Shane Company - Made me very upset with their lies 
- Shane Company - diamond cleaning
- Shane Company - ruined my ring - twice! 
- The Shane Company - They're pushy, they ignore you regularly, they don't have a very good selection, and I, like others, left their store in tears