Sergeant's Gold Flea & Tick Squeeze-on For Dogs / Bad reaction

Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

We applied this product to our dog as directed. After 20 minutes, our dog acted crazy. She was in severe pain all night. She ran a fever. We washed off the product immediately but that did not help. She did not get any sleep, nor did we - she kept crying all night. This product should not be used by anyone. We took her to the vet the next day and she got a shot and was given valium. This product should be taken off the shelves!!!

Comments

Gi
  24th of Mar, 2009
I agree, I got two of my dogs 16 pounds, sergeant's gold flea and tick squeeze-on for dogs, 9 pounds to 20 pounds.After I put it on my babies they got a bad reaction, crying, and they could'nt set still not even for a min.I gave them 2 baths in joy, i set up alnight with them, till we drafted off to sleep around 4a.m..This morning till this evening its 5 o'clock p.m. now, they are a little better, but still itcy.I will never buy the sergeant brand again.Not any product, I lost my trust for this co.I'm telling anyone who will listen and I'm going to suggest to the store where I got this product not to sell it, this guys are my life, my babies, I will not let this rest.I'm very upset.They have not heard the last from me, Gina Cleek
Va
  25th of Sep, 2009
I gave this product to my dog and it caused a severe reaction that left two huge blister like wounds, that seeped badly. This is a horrible product and should not be given to any dog.
Af
  1st of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I put this product on my 8 month old German Shepherd, and a week later she was dead. My best friend in the whole entire world was taken from me, all because of some flea & tick medication? (Sergeants Gold) PLEASE no one use this product! There are so many horrid stories out there and while most still live, my baby is no longer with me. I don't understand WHY ITS STILL SOLD IN STORES!!! I wish i could have known all this danger before i put this on my puppy!
Li
  16th of Nov, 2009

Sergeant's Gold Flea & Tick Squeeze-on for dogs - Horriable Reaction
Haverhill
Massachusetts

I purchased the Sergeant's Gold flea & tick for my dog! Biggest mistake ever! She's been itching, shaking, not sleeping, her skin is so irritated. I have to bring her to the vet because her backside (where the product was put) is oozing and she must be treated! I'm very upset that this product is on the market for anyone to use on their dog! DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR DOG! If anyone knows how we can put the word out BEFORE it gets used...please let me know! It's too late for my dog now! She's suffering and I'm worried!
Li
  16th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just reading all this and I'm worried sick! My 8 month old German Shepherd has had a terrible reaction! She's going to Vet today, she's itching, shaking, and now oozing on her backside! I'm worried sick! NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT! We gave her a bath, which helped a little! I called her vet and their response was "I don't know why they allow this product to even be sold"! How can we get the word out there before people buy it! I've emailed Sergeant's and the store I purchased this product from. There should be something that can be done!
Pa
  20th of May, 2011
Sergeant's Gold?? Why is it still being sold?
I used it and my retriever reacted as though he were on fire. I bathed and rinsed him for half an hour immediately and he was still miserable for the rest of the day. He went from screams down to incessant whimpering after taking him for a swim.
After reading the above comments, I probably averted open wounds on him, but it is sad they still sell a product that has caused so much misery.
Also, the trace amounts on my hands after bathing him caused my skin to burn and unwittingly wiped my mouth, causing my lips and tongue to burn. Who knows what long term effect this can have on our health, canine and human.
They won't compensate my purchase price unless I spend just as much to ship it back.

Sergeant's Pet Care Products Logo Sergeant's Pet Care Products