SelectCare Benefits Network / money taken and no service

1 Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-722-6479

I called this company to get help with my medication. I was told that they could get me my medication for little or no cost. They ask for a one time application fee of $50.00 plus $20.00 for medication I needed. The first charge to my bank account was for $90.00. I received a packet in the mail to have my doctor fill out. I then called back in and told them I had changed my mind and wanted to cancel. I was told to send the packet back to them unfilled out and they would refund my money. In the mean time, they took $40.00 from my bank account in March and also in April. I sent the packet back to them with a tracking ticket. I called in everyday and asked if they had received the packet. To which they answered no. I checked the tracking number on-line and found out that they had received the packet. I called them back told them they had received the packet and gave them the time and date they received it. I was then told that it was in front of the reveiw board. I got a letter from them stating that they would not refund me my $170.00 because of all the work and labor they had put into it. Which was untrue, I never used their service nor did I receive any medication. I then received a call from a supervisor named Tim who was rude and obnoxiuos. He told me that I was and 'airhead and a dummie' and that he cancelled my 'membership as a favor, because I could be responsible for the whole years dues. I never signed anything or used their service. He said he had me on tape agreeing to everything and that in the state of TX that was a legal and binding contract. I asked to hear the tape and he said it would cost me $50.00 to get the tape and any other taped called I had with them. I was never advised I was being taped and told him this, to which he stated 'Shut up dumb a--!' He said I would not get my money back and that I should take my lumps like everyone else. There has to be a lawyer out there that will start a class action suit on behalf of all the people this company has stolen money from. This is theft by deception and we need to stop this place

Lo

Comments

16th of Sep, 2009

I too was taken..please email me at Jimslady55@yahoo.com

• Pj
      30th of May, 2010

I, unfortunately, contacted this company after my job loss in 3-2010. I was on the internet and was going to the maker's website to find assistance, and I saw a sponsered site for them for myrxadvocate, whic took me to SCBN. Mea culpa! I should have Googled SCBN or went to the BBB site, but I was so excited that I could apply for assistance, my head was turned. I thought that since the maker's website directed me to go to SCBN's site, they sponsered them. In fact, I thought I was applying directly to the maker, until I got SCBN's call.

They contacted me the first time, to tell me it would be a $50 set-up fee and $30 monthly. Then he called me back, to tell me that the program I would be applying for, had been closed, and that now the fee would be $452 monthly for 4 months. There was no way I could afford that, so I said goodbye. He kept calling but I refused to speak to him until he said that the fee had gone back down to the original $30 monthly. I received the packet, which I completed and my doctor wrote me the prescription.
    It is now, at the end of May, no delivery of any sort. They mailed me a prescription card, but when I went on their site to inquire how much off I could receive with the card, no response. I have called them several times, since they took another payment in April. Now, they are telling me that the doctor's prescription was for the generic, and they would have to send it back to me. It wasn't for the generic.
    I have a suspicion that they are just dragging their feet to keep getting their monthly payment, but will have one excuse after the other why I can't get my meds. In the meantime, I am forced to rely on a different medication for my Epilepsy, which doesn't work as well, but is cheaper.
    I am considering my money spent a loss. How can SCNB go after a person for future payments if they haven't kept up their end of the bargain?