Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed / Worst Purchase ever made

I have not had a good nights sleep in over a year! This was the most costly mattress I have ever purchased and definitly the most uncomfortable. I like my side firm, my husband likes his side soft. My problem is that because of this difference, I spend the entire night trying to resist rolling down to his side of the bed. I feel like I am sleeping on the side of a hill all night. It seems like they should have put a decent baffle in the middle of the bed to prevent this from happening but that would be a poor assumption on my part. I would recommend to never ever ever buy this bed and just invest in a decent mattress which will cost probably half as much. This product should be recalled

Comments

La
  8th of Dec, 2007

My god, I can't believe it. I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with this mattress. What a complete rip-off. It feels like an ancient, worn-out mattress because of the huge chasm in the middle of the bed. It is absolutely the worst $2500 I ever spent. And just in case anyone that reads this is considering a purchase, beware of the seller trying to load you up with unbelievably priced sheets, pillow cases, pillows, etc. Someone else we know bought a higher end mattress (only difference is the pillow top, the dealer said), but they bought all kinds of rip-off pillows, etc and totaled up to over 6 grand. His quote after 3 months? "I'd like to take it out and burn it." STAY AWAY!

Ev
  26th of Jan, 2008

I am having the same complaints as everyone else. I purchased this bed March of 2006. I have never had a back problem in my life. After two or three months my back would be in so much pain after sleeping on the 7000 series. I was naive and kept going to the doctor. I finally got a very astute physical medicine doctor who asked me what kind of bed I slept on? I answered very proudly that I was sleeping on a very expensive 7000 sleep number bed. He went on the computer and showed me all my same complaints. He told me someone should sue the company for false advertising. He told me to sleep in my guest room on a much cheaper bed. I did for a month without any pain when I woke up. I have been complaining to customer service and got the most rude person.

Le
  14th of Jul, 2008

We have 2 different sleep number beds making our recent purchase only a few months ago. We took apart the first one to move to our son's room and never found evidence of any problems. All of us sleep much better than we have after getting our beds. I have a dear friend with a family of six - all sleep on the sleep number beds and have cut down their chiropractic bill substantially since. Everyone that I know (and it is a LOT of people) that have a sleep number bed would never trade it back for their old mattress.

Fi
  15th of Mar, 2010

Same problem here!

Ha
  18th of Jul, 2010

I PURChase a commodore acclaim on 26/06/10 and have not received it I sent money for transport but get the excuse that it is the carrier at fault which I find it hard to beleive.

Ha