Select Comfort / replacing chamber
We purchased our Select Comfort king bed about 12 years ago. Overall we have been happy with it.
We purchased it before it became "Sleep Number" though it's the same concept.
HOWEVER... We have replaced one chamber AND the pump, and now the other (?) chamber needs replacing (it is deflating now).
We went through the drills they have you do - cap it off and see if it deflates, check the black O ring, switch the hoses, etc.
OK - we have determined (we already knew this) that YES - it needs replacing.
Now we find out that it will cost us over $200 to replace. The last time we replaced the chamber it was $87.
We are NOT willing to do this again and told the company we would be getting a different type of bed, that they would be losing a customer.
"BLAH BLAH BLAH" (think Peanuts when the adults speak)...
We cannot for the life of us understand how/why the price of the chamber would more than double within a few years, as it apparently has.
"But we are covering the pro-rated warranty blah blah up to 35%".
Well - whoop tee doo.
Again - we have been quite pleased but now - are not.
What a shame.
More Select Comfort Complaints & Reviews
- Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed - This product should be taken off the market! 
- Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed - Black mold 
- Select Comfort Sleep Number - Outrageous cost of replacement part 
- Select Comfort / Sleep Number Bed - Crap warranty 
- Sleep Number Bed - Not what you expect! 
- Sleep Number Corporation - your delivery team and customer service or lack of!
- Sleep Number Corporation - our son and our accounts got tangled together by sleep number and it has caused nothing but problems
- Sleep Number Corporation - product/delivery
- Sleep Number Corporation - new bed does not work properly
- Sleep Number - omg, we had massive mold problem cause by the sleep number mattress!!