Select Comfort / replacing chamber

We purchased our Select Comfort king bed about 12 years ago. Overall we have been happy with it.
We purchased it before it became "Sleep Number" though it's the same concept.
HOWEVER... We have replaced one chamber AND the pump, and now the other (?) chamber needs replacing (it is deflating now).
We went through the drills they have you do - cap it off and see if it deflates, check the black O ring, switch the hoses, etc.
OK - we have determined (we already knew this) that YES - it needs replacing.
Now we find out that it will cost us over $200 to replace. The last time we replaced the chamber it was $87.
We are NOT willing to do this again and told the company we would be getting a different type of bed, that they would be losing a customer.
"BLAH BLAH BLAH" (think Peanuts when the adults speak)...
We cannot for the life of us understand how/why the price of the chamber would more than double within a few years, as it apparently has.
"But we are covering the pro-rated warranty blah blah up to 35%".
Well - whoop tee doo.
Again - we have been quite pleased but now - are not.
What a shame.

A  30th of Nov, 2009 by
After the first 3 years with the Select Comfort Double Classic Mattress things started going wrong. In 10 years I have replaced 5 air chambers with each one costing increasingly more. I received a replacement 3 years ago and noticed it was stamped REFURBISHED. At that time I was told that they only replace with refurbished chambers. And yes, I went through the drill every time of switching the air tubes with the chambers, etc. and this is getting increasingly more irritating as I get older. And I really don't need to be quized about having to many electrical appliances close by or an ionizer or weather that changes as reasons for why I have had "so many chambers go flat". If these are issues with these air chambers there should be some sort of disclaimer to the consumer.

But the last straw was this last call where I was told that if I didn't want a REFURBISHED chamber I could buy a new one for apx $110. I decided to invest this money in a new mattress elsewhere.

Sleep Number Logo Sleep Number