Sears / horrible, chaos reigns
I ordered online a set of 3 tool boxes that were on sale. The ordered was confirmed via email. The original order was for 480.34.
The next day I get a call from the local sears store that 2 of the tool boxes are in the local warehouse. I tell them I will pick them up after the 3rd tool box arrives 5 days later. Later in the day I get this email response from Sears.
Unfortunately, the Sun Sep 28 2008 06:57:44 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) store was unable to fulfill your order #45199964 / salescheck #[protected]. As a result, your order was cancelled. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience.
Someone at Sears canceled my order.
I call the 800 help desk. They apologize and say they will fix it by sending the 3 tool boxes to my home at no cost for shipping.
They ship the tool boxes to my house and in 2 days time they post 6 debits and 5 credits to my credit card account.
Summary: They charge my credit card 1288.15 and than credit my credit card for 589.30.
I call the Sears Consumer hotline and am told they can not honor the original price because the sale is over, but will give me 10% discount off list.
So I order some stuff on sale from sears, they cancel the order and replace at retail price are sorry.
I am returning the toolboxes tomorrow.
I have been a loyal customer of Sears for 30 years. I will never again buy anything from Sears. Their service and support of the customer is absolutely horrible.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Brands - warranty
- Sears - warranty department 
- Sears - sears home services
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite refrigerator
- Sears Brands - order