Sears / horrible, chaos reigns

1 3333 BEVERLY ROADHoffman Estates, IL, United States Review updated:

I ordered online a set of 3 tool boxes that were on sale. The ordered was confirmed via email. The original order was for 480.34.

The next day I get a call from the local sears store that 2 of the tool boxes are in the local warehouse. I tell them I will pick them up after the 3rd tool box arrives 5 days later. Later in the day I get this email response from Sears.

Unfortunately, the Sun Sep 28 2008 06:57:44 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) store was unable to fulfill your order #[protected] / salescheck #[protected]. As a result, your order was cancelled. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience.

Someone at Sears canceled my order.

I call the 800 help desk. They apologize and say they will fix it by sending the 3 tool boxes to my home at no cost for shipping.

They ship the tool boxes to my house and in 2 days time they post 6 debits and 5 credits to my credit card account.

Summary: They charge my credit card 1288.15 and than credit my credit card for 589.30.

I call the Sears Consumer hotline and am told they can not honor the original price because the sale is over, but will give me 10% discount off list.

So I order some stuff on sale from sears, they cancel the order and replace at retail price are sorry.

I am returning the toolboxes tomorrow.

I have been a loyal customer of Sears for 30 years. I will never again buy anything from Sears. Their service and support of the customer is absolutely horrible.

Va

Comments

• Ka
      10th of Apr, 2009

I purchased an elliptical machine to be delivered 3 days later and set-up that same day. In order for this to happen, I had to pay an extra $65 to have it pulled from store stock. I had no problem with that due to the fact that I was off work that day and I am unable to just take off work without notice. I received a call the following day from the installers advising me they do not install the same day as delivery because they cannot schedule an installation without knowing when the product will be delivered. I spoke with the associate who sold me the product and she assured me it would be delivered to my home by 12:00pm on the scheduled day. Based on this the installation was scheduled for later that afternoon. The day prior to delivery Sears calls to advise the delivery time which was past the time it needed to be delivered to be installed the same day - not the by 12:00pm as promised. I explained the situation to the delivery department and they could have cared less. Their response was that the store set the time. So I went to the store. Spoke with a sales associate and a manager. Not one made an attempt to get this straightened out. I was left with no choice but to cancel the order. I contacted the customer service department and their response was that they were sorry I had problems and that they would use my feedback to improve their service. Their final response was that because I cancelled my order (I had no choice) there would be nothing further that they would do and considered this complaint closed. I have had a Sears card for 23 years and will be closing my account.