SBI Overseas Student Education Loan / non disbursement of student education loan (after sanction)!
I had applied for Rs.4 lacs as a Student Overseas education loan from SBI,Vile Parle, Mumbai in May/June-2005 and my loan was sanctioned with a deposit of Rs.5000/- as margin money-to be adjusted against interest charges. (cost of education @Rs.25 Lacs for TWO YEARS)
Masters of Science course in US usually takes 18 months to 24 months .In August/Sept.2006 when I had finished with my own savings and finance-I approached SBI to disburse my sanctioned loan.
At this pont of time I got shocked from SBI ( letter in WRITING ) that my LOAN sanctioned has LAPSED ( loan WAS NOT availed within ONE YEAR of SANCTION ) and I need to apply ALL OVER AGAIN.
Since study duration was of 24 months-TWO years-which SBI knew in writing, I think officials ( Branch Manager and Personl.Bankung Manager) in charge of LOAN disbursement wanted me to GREASE THEIR PALMS for disbursement of loan .
I protested and complained to CHAIRMAN OF SBI and marking copies of my correspondence to CERC, Ahmedbad AND OTHER CONSUMER ORGANIZATIONS.
After correspondence/phone calls to SBI-HO in Mumbai- FOR ALMOST 3/4 MONTHS i got an OKAY for loan disbursement. My US university's deadline for payment of FEES already expired and I had to make alternative arrangements for LOAN at much HIGHER INTEREST and personal embarrassments/expenses.
I have sent complaint to CBI/ACB to take action against concerned officials of SBI-but NO ACTION. However due to STRONG PROTEST of my correspondence, SBI has QUIETLY REFUNDED MY MARGIN MONEY of RS.5000/- into my bank account.
I would appreciate if READERS of https://www.complaintsboard.com having similar experience to come forward and narrate their experience - to help other STUDENT aspirants to take guidelines for STUDENT EDUCATION LOAN.
More SBI Overseas Student Education Loan Complaints & Reviews
- SBI ATM Card - lost atm card! 
- SBI ATM - transaction declined, amount debited from account 
- SBI ATM Card - to block lost sbi atm card 
- SBI online internet banking - https://www.onlinesbi.com/ is not working science 10 days 
- State Bank Of India - non payment of pension arrears revision of pension 
- SBI - atm withdrawal related.
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - credit to sb a/c no.10320808816, amount:rs.25000/-
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - monthly rdi
- [Resolved] SBI Cards - reinstatement of a deactivated credit card
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - loan officer corruption