SBI Credit Card / wrong emi calculation

1 India

I am using a SBI Gold card from last around 1 year. I purchased a water purifier using this card and got a call from the bank that I can convert this amount in 6 monthly EMIs. I said OK and the told me that in a few minutes I will got a confirmation call for the same. I received the call and again I confirmed that I am ready for 6 months EMIs.

Now when I received my statement I surprised to saw that they have calculated EMI for 24 months that means more interest. I call the customer care and they told me that it will be rectified and withing 7 days you will get new statement. I didn't received any statement till one month.

After one month I again call the customer care department and that time they told me that they can not change this EMI plan back to 6 month but they can cancel it and now I have to pay full amount at once.

Now when they record the conversation and I asked them to play the conversation which I had with the EMI department they never played any conversation. I am very shocked with the behavior of the customer care. When I agreed on 6 months of EMI then why they made 24 EMIs and now they are not agree to revert back it to 6 months. Very bad service.