SBI Cards / levy of late fees and finance charges

1 India Review updated:

The helpline service of SBI CARDS are very rude and not at all aware of the subject. They don't provide the proper feedback and information on any queries. I had problem in receipt of statement for 4 months and even after regular complaint, the same was never resolved by SBI CARDS.

From time to time, I have made the payment of principal amount of money and requested to waive the late fees and finance charges. Once they have waived the same but then they become very rigid and regraded to change the same due to their policy. It's mistake of SBI but they don't realized that and blame the customers for non payment.

For last 4 months i m discussing with Mr. Ajay Bharti -VP of SBI cards but his behaviors was also rude and rigid. Instead of sorting out the issue, he tries to explain the situation in different manner.

During this discussing/communication with sbi cards, they have levied finance and late fees charges on non payment of disputed late fees.

Each month they levy the additional fees without resolving the issue.

It's quiet surprising to know such kind of behavior with one of the biggest public section banks.

Regards,
BHAVIK DESAI

Bh

Comments

• Sr
      20th of May, 2007

I took sbi card in Jan 2006 and in Feb 2006 they gave me insurance called life surakha, from that there is no surakha in my life. Till now they are not sent any documents regarding this insurance. I complained number of times but there is no action. They cancelled my card and insurance which is fine but not the account. They are keep calling me to pay the money. When i asked the reason, if you are receiving the statements then you have to pay the money irrespective of what you got or not, I said you are not send the document till now, there is response from the life surkha insurance dept and I am not used the card for any my personal reasons. How could i pay the money?

They are calling me daily, from last one year, i said clearly i am not going to pay single rupee.

How i pay the money with out using the card for one rupee, this is really fraud banking.