SBI / fraud at sbi

India Review updated:
This may be weird, but this actually have happened and guess who the "bad boy" is - yes the SBI's. One fine day during November '06 I got a phone call from SBI that a transaction have been made on a card owned by me. I immediately showed them a surprise as the card they were talking about never landed to me. Needless to say they registered a case of Fraud in the cards fate.

I immediately wrote a mail to "feedback.gesbi@ge.com" and "head.sbicards@ge.com" providing the information in written. Again to the surprise, except for the automated replies not a single reply came from there end till date.

During the start of the year 2007, I contacted few of their so called "supervisors" and expressed my Grievance that inspite of not having the card and a so-called fraud case going in its name, why should I receive a statement every month. Their reply was to ignore such statements and continue with them for some time as long they can settle the matter.

Starting mid-of-the-year the real pictures was unfolded and their so-called recovery agents started calling me. Literally at some point of time I actually had to spoke the same story for 2-3 times a day.

On conveying this to the SBI heads once again, told me to once again ignore such calls and they will put up a inter-office notice on the issue.

All was going right till yesterday when I got a call from a SBI lawyer (Serior advocate Mr. K L. Pradhan - [protected]) that they are putting a case with the police about the whole thing. I told Mr.Pradhan of the year long story once again. To my surprise once again, he was not aware of the proceeding and told me that he is going to look into the matter with SBI headoffice. I immediately talked with a SBI "supervisor" (Mr Milind this time) and pressed him to look into the matter unless I will have no option other than to approach the media or consumer court.

Mr.Milind assured to solve this within the next two days.

Need advice to what to do.

Comments

An
  8th of Aug, 2008
Dear Sir,
I, Anik Roy a permanent resident of Barovisha, Dist.-Jalpaiguri, WB .I secured 71% in 10th standard, 55.3% in 12th standard and 71% in graduation(B.C.A, 2008 passout).

Today when I went to SBI Barovisha, P.O-Barobisha, Dist-Jalpaiguri, WB, PIN-736207(Branch code 07144) to get bank loan to pursue MCA in Manipal University, the bank manager refused to give me the loan.If I don't get this loan my dreams of getting higher education will be crushed.
I, will be highly obliged if you could instruct the bank so thet I can fulfill my dreams.

Anik Roy
St
  13th of Nov, 2008
what to do if i hav credited the money in somebody else's account :-) would i be able to get my money back

State Bank of India [SBI] Logo State Bank of India [SBI]