Samsung Rs277acpn / customer support/service

Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

We replaced our 20 year old american made kenmore refrigerator to "upgrade" to something nicer. Appearances and features clearly aren't everything when it comes to defining "nicer". We chose a samsung product, and that was a huge mistake, judging from the quality of their product and especially their poor customer service. Two refrigerator bins broke (Da63-02832a) , one a year ago, the other, this year, because the bins clearly weren't engineered to hold sufficient weight ( - which they must have figured out, as they changed the materials they use in the newer fridge bins). I couldn't find the product last year when I called samsung, but admittedly didn't try other places, and just moved stuff around the fridge to accommodate the loss of door space. Now with the other bin having broken, we are in a serious space deficit; so i've tried harder to locate the part yet without success. It turns out that it apparently wouldn't have mattered how hard I tried a year ago to locate the part, judging from complaints posted on various "fix it" and other websites, complaints made from others who've also been unable to locate this replacement part, with some of those complaints dating back to 2010, it would appear that samsung quit manufacturing the replacement part soon after discontinuing that model. When I called customer service after the first one broke the year before, they told me then that they didn't have the part available "yet, " and then put me on terminal hold. I hung up after 30 minutes and didn't bother calling back. I now understand that "yet" should have been "anymore, " and it seems likely that she didn't want to deal with yet another complaint due to their no longer manufacturing a $15 part for a fairly new fridge, the absence of which impairs it's functionality.

When I called call customer service recently and was told the part was no longer available and could be given no reasonable options to assist me, they transferred me to a product support division, and the woman there told me the same thing the other woman had. When I complained that, without that part, my fridge was rendered significantly dysfunctional, the woman asked if I called sears to check to see if they had a replacement part, despite my buying at lowe's and them not having it. Sure, that makes perfect sense: when the manufacturer no longer manufactures the part, i'm supposed to call a third party so they can pull one out of thin air. Well, for grins, I called and of course, they told me that samsung no longer manufactured the part, so they didn't have it; and of course, no one else seems to either, and from what I can determine, and this appears to be a common complaint re: this bin with nothing done by samsung to address the problem. The lack of these bins pretty much makes the fridge useless to a normal family (Or even a family of two, as in my case) such that we now are looking at having to spend another 2000 to replace a four year old fridge - when the previous one lasted 20 years - because we can't get two $15 replacement parts. That's ridiculous and speaks volumes of samsung, the quality of their products and worse yet, their extremely poor customer service after the sale. That is one more reason to buy american preferably; and if you choose not to, at least research the customer service, not simply the product info, before making a large purchase.

Pi
May 01, 2013

Comments

•   May 01, 2013

.The lack of these bins pretty much makes the fridge useless to a normal family (or even a family of two, as in my case) such that we now are looking at having to spend another 2000 to replace a four year old fridge - when the previous one lasted 20 years - because we can't get two $15 replacement parts.

• De
      Jul 13, 2014

I HAVE A SAME ISSUE. BOTH BINS ARE BROKEN AND THIRD ONE HAS CRACK ON IT. I WANT THESE BINS asap. please help us out Mr.Samsung.