Samsung Rs2545sh / samsung refrigerator junk

Our stainless steel side by side Samsung refrigerator looks great in our new kitchen but it doesn't work. No one really knows how to fix it. Oh, they say they do and repairmen have come out three times to the house. We have paid for the visits and for a new part which did not fix the problem. I researched the large and complicated web site for Samsung and read all the wonderful facts about this incredible hi tech computerized machine, but really, it is junk. And Samsung does not have a service phone number to call. Everything directs you want to dealers who can not fix them. But they will keep coming and charging you. I wish I had seen this complaint forum BEFORE we bought Model RS2545SH. I would NEVER have bought it and advise you not to either.

Comments

17th of May, 2009

We have the same refrigerator and it is a piece of junk. We are very unhappy with our purchase. We we saw this before purchasing. The freezer works fine. However, the frige side is horrible. The temperature keeps going up causing food to spoil. We keep trying to reset and do the power cool, but to no awail the temp does not go back down. Such a waste. I would hope others see this first and do not waste their money like we did.

• Th
      29th of May, 2009

Indeed, RS2545SH seems to have a problem on the refrigerator side, caused by ice build-up on the cooling coils. It's intermittent and very annoying - all the components work fine individually, but the fridge needs a manual thaw-out every month or so.

• Fr
      1st of Jul, 2010

I have never spent this kind of money on a refrigerator before.I think I'm Going to dump it on Cosco Front steps Blocking the front door a couple hrs. before they open. RS2545SH. is a true piece of junk so I must asume all Samsung products are junk.

• Tg
      5th of Jul, 2010

I recently bought the same fridge. Nothing but problems. Ice maker
    doesnt work and the refrigerator wont get above 44 degrees. What do you do?

• Zo
      3rd of Oct, 2010

Same issues, coils freeze up constantly. It's like the cooling unit is too powerful for the fridge and they have an 89 cent defroster on your $2000 fridge. Nearly impossible to find a repairman that can guarantee a repair ($400-$500 for a new motherboard and defrost unit should have some kind of guarantee) and that's if you can find one that will touch a Samsung. Horrible design flaw and yet again another company that does not back up it's products. Ironically I'm defrosting mine again as I type and this is the 5th or 6th time this year. One page open typing here, another web page opened looking at other fridges. >:(

29th of Nov, 2010

We are the VERY SAD owners a another one of these JUNK Samsung refrigerators! Spent the money for HIGH TECH... Got a high tech shaft! The defrost is a joke. Put in a new motherboard and fan on the fridge side. Worked 3 weeks. THe unit is 3 months out of warranty and Sam Sung help desk said nothing when asked if they would help with this VERY COMMON problem.. They have guaranteed my sales efforts for them. I tell EVERYONE what a real piece of JUNK SAM SUNG makes. First and last one from them.

• Lo
      13th of Dec, 2016

@texasjd I'm in same predicament. BOYCOTT SAMSON!!!

• Ho
      22nd of Dec, 2010

well, i must say that i agree with everyone here. My frig is not working and the coils on the frig side freeze up and then the frig just turns off. Nice product samsung -- if you were smart you would recall these pieces of junk orat least give people their money back.

• Ry
      29th of Dec, 2010

wwooow i thought i was the only one with this problem .i was hoping to go online and find a way to fix the defrost but insted i found this site ...well there goes that idea ...i guess ill keep defrosting the coils with a hair dryer untill i get the money for a new fridg...thanks samsung for the piece of shiit

• So
      30th of Dec, 2010

I too bought one from Costco, a Samsung fridge. What complete garbage. My neighbor bought the same model. Same exact problems. He threw his away. I am going to throw mine away too. I have never thrown any fridge away. We are defrosting our coils again, like we do every month since the day we bought it. All the expensive repairs never solved anything. It is a design flaw. But no one in America will dare force them to do anything. Shame on you Samsung. I will never buy an appliance again with your brand, and quite possibly no product at all with your brand.

30th of Dec, 2010

Have been talking with SamSung about this. They claim it is NOT A PROBLEM! They have NO FIX for the issue. They wanted to schedule ANOTHER service call (that I would pay for) to have the Tech tell me AGAIN that the evap coil heater is not working! Anyone interested in a class action suit?

• Lo
      13th of Dec, 2016

@texasjd Yes!

• La
      8th of Jan, 2011

Freezer side works great but my fridge side stopped cooling. It's been working fine for the year I've had it. Now it just stopped. Very unhappy about this. The coils are frozen

• Un
      17th of Jan, 2011

Well like most others on here, we are ONCE again using our garage refrigerator while our Expensive Samsung keeps needing a few days to cool back down. I thought maybe it was just us, have called Samsung at least 5 times since I bought this over 4 years ago. I figured out that Samsung won't help they just tell us to unplug and replug in again...I can't wait to throw ours away too. We are looking for a replacement asap. Wish the fridge was as nice as our TV.

• Er
      20th of Jan, 2011

Same problem with my RS2545SH. Fridge looks great. That's about the end of it though. First the fridge stopped keeping food cool and you could hear the fan motor getting loud. Mainly because it's running against the ice build up. Now we have manually thawed it easily 20 times? I heard the fan again this morning. Ugh. Also the freezer side isn't freezing now. Also the Ice maker quit working. You would think for the money the fridge would last longer than a couple years. I have a 1955 GE freezer in my garage that works amazing, Also a older top/bottom freezer that was in the house when we moved in, that is also in the garage. Ironically they both work great. The RS2545SH is junk. Every where I read on the internet is littered about this fridge being junk and no one can seem to get it fixed for more than 3 months at a time. It's very disheartening. Spend $500 on parts of spend $1000 on a new fridge. I guess I'm making a decision this weekend.

• Er
      20th of Jan, 2011

This is priceless - I went online to chat with the Samsung support this is what I received:
    Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
    Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Santino B'
    Santino B: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?
    Visitor: Hi, I have a RS2545SH and the defrost heater isn't working correctly on the fridge side and now my freezer side isn't freezing. I read online this is a known issue for this model.
    Santino B: Please allow me to go through the inquiry.
    Santino B: In this case, I am afraid to see that the unit requires service.
    Santino B: I recommend you file an online service request to get the unit serviced.
    Santino B: Would you like me to provide you with the link to file an online service request to get the unit serviced?
    Visitor: From what I've read online people have had this fridge serviced for $300-500 and it only continues to work for 3 months. I currently can not find the article I read that this is a known issue and Samsung was offering to fix the problem. If this is true then I would like to file what is needed to get my fridge fixed. If not, I'm not wasting an additional $300-500 on a fridge that has a known design flaw and I'll spend the $300-500 towards a new fridge from a different manufacturer.
    Santino B: I am sorry to inform you that there are no such reported issues with us.
    Santino B: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
    Visitor: you're saying Samsung has no reported issues with this model? seriously?
    Santino B: Yes, we do not have any such reported issues with us.
    Visitor: I have a window in front of me with over 75 different people with reports of the same problem and scheduling service calls with out solving the problem.
    Visitor: Then I would like to file one now. Who do I need to contact? Also I will be buying a new fridge and dumping this piece of junk. As well as filing a report with the AG's office and the better business bureau.
    Santino B: I am sorry to inform you that we do not have access to any third party websites.
    Santino B: In this case, I recommend you file an online service request to get the unit serviced.
    Santino B: If the unit is under warranty, the service will be done free of cost.
    Visitor: Who do I contact to do this and how do I file this issue with Samsung? So that it is a known problem?
    Visitor: Also I just read questions about this problem on the samsung website under support. how is this not a known issue?
    Santino B: In this case, I recommend you contact our phone support at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)and they are available 24/7, 365 days to file an online service request on your behalf.
    Visitor: I will call support. How do I file this problem with my fridge so it is a "known issue" in your database?
    Santino B: I can understand your concern.
    Santino B: I once again sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
    Visitor: I'm asking how to make this a known issue in your database are you saying that you can't or won't notate this?
    Santino B: I am sorry I couldn’t help you fix the issue over the chat. However, is there anything else I might be able to assist you with?
    Santino B: Please contact our phone support for more information on this.
    Santino B: As Samsung LiveChat supports basic troubleshooting only.
    Visitor: Thank you for your avoidance of my direct question.

- Great job Samsung. Your fridge has been noted a piece of junk for over 3 years yet you avoid acknowledging it and refuse to make it a known issue. I'll never buy Samsung again.

• Ai
      30th of Jan, 2011

Lovely...the fridge side of our RS2545SH just stoped working about 4 days ago, and I had to dump four gallons of rotten milk down the sink. We purchased our Samsung hunk of junk just over 4 years ago. After 2 years the ice maker stopped working. Luckily I am handy and was able to repair the problem with a new part that cost me about $60. It looks as if this new coil freezing issue will not be as easy to repair. I am not willing to dump spoiled food every 3-4 months and defrost the fridge, we need a dependable unit that I don't have to worry about. Our Samsung will be enjoying the insides of a large dumpster after we purchase a dependable (non-Samsung) refrigerator.

31st of Jan, 2011

Please go to every opinion board and let them know about the great SUM SUNG (code name JUNK) fridge. I just registered with eopinion.com.

• Ha
      14th of Mar, 2011

I too have had nothing but problems with this refridgerator! I've had to have this repaired more in the 3 years i have owned it than I have ever had ANY refridgerator EVER repaired in my lifetime. I was told by a repairman that it is a design flaw because the coils do not defrost. So, there is no fix except to get rid of it! Or live with having to have the rapoirman come out and totally take it all apart every 6 months (unplygged for 2 days before) to allow it to thaw out! My recent problem with the coils freezing has caused the drwers not to push in completely, causing the door to not close fully which of course allows the temperature t drop etc...A TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK! i spent over 1100 dollars on this (never before and never again! ) I have also had much proble with SAMSUNG sound system. i Will not ever buy another samsung ANYTHING!

• Ml
      19th of Mar, 2011

Well, how about that! After a few month (if that) of having the frig - the door on the frig side won't shut properly. We had to shut it and push on it hard to ensure the door on the frig side is shut (and remain shut) correctly everytime... Soon, nothing would keep the door shut right (frig side only). Our poor kids were being blamed for opening and closing the frig door too often... Then, we found out the coil was frozen and was pushing one of the drawer out - making the door impossible to shut.
    I even slipped on the floor once (due to the leak from the melted ice from the coil). Again, my poor kids were blamed for spilling water on the floor and not notifying us (my kids were only 3 and 6 at the time).
    Finally, my husband had to defrost the frig (moving everything to the old frig in the garage - thank God we kept the old frig)... it's been 3 days & still defrosting - we decided to jump online and try to fix the issue ourselves - and to our surprise... we bought ourselves a LEMON :(
    I think we really need to get together and take a stand - make Samsung responsible for this... everyone in this community - I urge every one of us to seriously consider filing a class action lawsuit...

• Si
      10th of Nov, 2011

Please file a complaint with this law firm: Samsung Refrigerators

Issue: Faulty cooling units

Lieff Cabraser is investigating consumer complaints about cooling problems in various Samsung refrigerator models. Consumers have alleged that certain Samsung refrigerator models have a faulty design that causes the cooling system to begin failing 2-3 years after purchase.
    Contact Lieff Cabraser

If you own a Samsung refrigerator and have experienced cooling problems, we would like to learn more about your experience as part of our investigation.

• Si
      10th of Nov, 2011

Oh yes, Samsung has had many complaints on this particular refrigerator, same problem. If they where a legitimate company that actually cared about the business that they are getting from the American people, they would have done a recall on this item. But no, they just keep saying that they haven't gotten any complaints. We all know that this is not true. Boycott Samsung.