Samsung Refrigerator / poor service!

We purchased a new samsung side by side refrigerator from best buy 4 yrs ago, a beautiful top of the line model. The unit worked perfectly until about 3 months ago. It appears that the unit will not go into the defrost mode and defrost the fridge portion of the machine. I called best buy to have a service tech come and repair the unit, knowing it was not covered under the warranty. The tech, (Nice guy) called me up to inquire as to the problems I was having with the unit. Over the phone he said that he would gladly come out, however, it sounded like there was a problem with the motherboard or other related defrost sensors or parts. He said that all he could do was to replace the parts 1 by 1 to fix the problem and that I had to purchase all these parts for the repair. I was shocked and ask if he has a ohm meter to first ck whether there was continuity at the plugs to determine if the motherboard or other related parts were really bad. He stated that the samsung, (Like the lg and other upper end fridges) were very sensitive to power fluctuation's and motherboard failure was a common problem. I canceled the visit, called the local authorized repairman, and got the same response. The local authorized repair shop stated they did not know a lot about the unit and would call the factory about the problem. The local guy never called, and after 3 more weeks I called 6 times trying to get the unit repaired. I finally gave up and ordered the needed parts thru "1st source", a local authorized parts dealer for samsung. I ordered the parts 2 weeks ago and yesterday called the counter guy to find that the parts I need were discontinued from the factory and no longer available. Now what?

So now I have a beautiful yard fixture!

I am also shocked at the samsung service department. I can not believe they would be so difficult to get information or help from. It seems they rely on the local service people and insulate themselves from their customer.
Shame on you! Like the other consumer with problems, I will not purchase anything from a company with such a reckless disregard for the customer. I also encourage everyone to just check out the support department and see if you can even get a person of technical ability on the phone, call from a line line because it will be a long wait!

Comments

• De
      6th of Sep, 2007

I m having Double door refrigerator 320 Ltr., Last 10 days no proper cooling , only very little cooling in freezer . Though i have register complaint at service station & complaint no. 8404504800 on 30th august 2007 but no action has been take only once service engineer has attended the complaint but due to non availability of spare parts nothing has been done till 6th september & even after reminding every day three times in a day. Such a shameful feed back from SAMSUNG INDIA!!!

17th of Sep, 2007

Water Tray on the back side of the Refrigerator on the top of the motor is ruined badly. I approch the service centre in Trivandrum, but didn't get any help or parts to replace.

17th of Sep, 2007

I also feel the same in my new samsung refrigerator

• Hs
      27th of Sep, 2007

I have a new samsung refrigerator, I feel same problems

2nd of Nov, 2008

Water is coming out from the bottom of the fridge in huge quantity.
    my mobile number 9388311142

26th of Oct, 2009

I bought an expensive samsung refregerator a couple of years ago and it has turned out to be just another piece of junk. The Ice maker has gone bad. actually, it detached
    itself and its just sitting there in the ice compartment. I bet it costs as much to repair it as buying an new one.