Samsung / french door refrigerator

1 36 Beacon LaneAberdeen, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 732-970-3019

I purchased a stainless steel french door refrigerator model rf266aash on 11/10/2007. The refrigerator stopped cooling on 2/14/2008. I notified samsung and the store where it was purchased on 2/14/2008. A repairman came on 2/19/2007 and stated the computer was defective. He ordered another board and it did not come in until 2/26/08. It was installed and the repairman said the fans are working and I should not open it or store any food in it for 24 hours. He left and 3 hrs later I checked and the fans were not running and the temperature was 69 degrees in the fridge and freezer. This morning, 2/27/2008, it is at 70 in the fridge and 74 in the freezer. I called samsung yesterday and they were not helpful and rude. They said the repairman needs to come back. I called the repair company and they never returned my call. I called this morning and they said they would fit me in but could not give me a time. Be wary of samsung products as the customer service is terrible. I have had to eat out every day because I do not have anyplace to store perishable food. This is quite an expense on top of the huge inconvenience. I want a refund so I an purchase a reliable brand but know this will be a battle not easily fought. My next step is consumer affairs and the attorney general for nj. I will then approach the media.

Jo

Comments

28th of Feb, 2008

I upgraded from my D900 in September 2007 to the U700. Within weeks from upgrading the silver started peeling off from the face of the handset. I contacted Samsung and it was arranged that a new face be fitted to my phone in East London at the Vodacare Centre. This was done in October 2008.

Again within a few weeks the silver started to wear off. I once again contacted Samsung and this time it was arranged for the handset to be collected from me and returned to Samsung for evaluation. I was this time round issued with a brand new handset from Samsung. This was in the beginning of December 2008.

Again, the silver peeled within a few weeks. I emailed Natasha at Samsung and once again my handset was sent to Johannesburg in January 2008. This time round another new face was fitted.

I was guaranteed that the new face is of a superior quality and that the finish has been improved and that it would never show signs of peeling.

Unfortunately once again, new face and all, white is showing through the silver, and this after I left the plastic protective film on for as long as possible. My phone is scratch free, I take exceptional care of it and this problem is definitely not related to misuse or abuse.

As can be seen from above, I have now had 4 replacements (including the original handset on upgrading). And also bear in mind I only got this phone 5 months ago. This has been a great inconvenience each time as I do not have a spare handset (D900 given to my daughter). I have had to make use of a borrowed Motorola C250!!

I have never before experienced such inconvenience and disappointment. I have had 3 other Samsung handsets prior to the U700, and never experienced any difficulty with them.

The above was emailed to Samsung Customer Support. I received a phone call after this saying that Samsung is prepared to give me another handset model, but that I will have to pay in.

I am not prepared to pay in on another handset. When I upgraded to the U700 I had to pay in to get the phone as at that stage it was not free on my current package with Vodacom. I paid in happily as I wanted the phone and was under the impression that I would have it for 2 years until my next upgrade, so it seemed worth it at that stage.

I also do not see why I should pay in after I was the one being inconvenienced through all this and that the defect was not as a result of anything I did wrong.

This is shocking and I am highly disspointed in Samsung.

• Bo
      2nd of Dec, 2010

Like so many others we bought a Samsung french door fridge. After only 6 mths the refrigerator had a cooling problem. Called for service. After 4 trys the "technicians" finally got it fixed. Another 5 mths & the ice maker quit. Called again. Got a decent tech this time. Got fixed. Now almost a year after buying the cooling system on the fridge is going out again. When you spend almost $2k for a unit it should work for many years. This whole line seems to be a giant lemon. Maybe Samsung should follow Toyota & have a major recall or at the very least refund 1/2 of our purchase price. I would support a class action suit.