Sams Club / free food sampler server bad customer service

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

Hello

I have been a loyal customer since 2005 shopping at the store on 15835 North Dale Mabry Hwy in Tampa FL. Today was the worse experience I have ever experienced at this store or any store. My daughter went to one of the free food sampler stands that was manned by KAY (it was by the meat section). My daughter stood there as KAY continued to serve other people who came after my daughter had already been standing there for several minutes. I was standing 3 feet away so I finally approached her stand. She looked at me and said "you are awfully quiet". I told her my daughter had been standing there while she served other customers. KAY replied "I don't serve anyone under the age of 10". I told her she never asked my daughters age and that I was only 3 feet away. KAY then said that she never saw my daughter standing there. Another lie. I told KAY we have been here many times and other employees would ask if she had a parent. KAY began shouting with me telling me my daughter wasn't standing there while others passed her by. KAY then shoved the cracker with spinach spread & raspberry on it and told my daughter "here take this and you and your grandfather get out of here". I was appalled at her behavior. I told her I was informing a manager and she said "go ahead, I don't care".
At the checkout I asked the cashier, Carmen-very pleasant by the way, if I could speak to a manager. She called over a young male. I introduced myself and he said his name was "Michael". I explained my episode today. I told him I was very upset. He agreed KAYs behavior was unacceptable. He said that he would speak to KAYs manager. She is a deplorable person with a horrible personality. She should be disciplined and told to attend some kind of Customer Service Class. I am a medical provider at the VA Hospital. Had I done that to a patient I would be severely punished.
Her behavior was unacceptable and I find myself compelled to write this formal complaint so that her behavior is brought in front of the correct administrator.

Jo
Dec 29, 2017

Comments

29th of Dec, 2017

I think what happened after that was the worst part. My daughter said that she does not think that KAY saw her. I got so angry at her that I smacked her across the face several times. My ex wife and I are divorced. When I dropped my daughter off at my ex's she was crying. My ex asked what happened, and my daughter told her that I slapped her across the face. That is not all some busy body I found out saw me slapping my daughter and called CPS on me.KAY told two lies, first that she did not see my daughter. My daughter believed this and told me maybe she did not see me. I got angry and slapped her across the face. She started crying and saying she was going to tell her mom. I told her I don't care, go tell her. I don't want to see her again. Then she claimed I was her grandfather. The real reason I am writing this complaint is it caused me a bad relationship with my daughter, and my stupid ex called CPS and she is trying to keep my daughter from me. I told my daughter to shut up and if she said something when I talked to the manager that I would slap her again. Then next time she has a visit with me I would not have her in my house because she is a stupid spoiled brat.