Sam's Club / Angus Beef Patties / False representation of 100% Angus

Just bought American Choice Angus Beef Patties from Sam's Club. The outside of the box has 1/3 pound Angus Beef Patties in large print and small print indicates more fillers than a cafeteria meatloaf. As a consumer, I think it should not be allowed to say Angus Beef unless it is 100% and when it isn't, it must say clearly under the Angus Beef, what percentage. The same problem happened with Kona Coffee and it now requires when you use the name Kona Coffee, you must indicate what percent. FALSE ADVERTISING, MISREPRESENTATION! I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO SAM'S CLUB I HAVE HAD IT WITH BEING SCAMMED BY THEIR CON GAMES.

Comments

Jb
  4th of Oct, 2009

I agree and I am glad at least one other American understands the statement "Angus" means a registered Angus breed. There is not enough registered Angus cattle in the USA to supply one supply chain much less all the companies that have adopted the "Angus" advertisement scam. I have no idea why Kroger, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Hardees and other companies have not been sued for false advertisement. I guess because the attorneys in the USA are included in the ignorance of most Americans and believe the sales pitch. It is my understanding that the companies are declaring any animal that has any size black spot on coat as “Angus”. “Angus” means Angus, 100% registered with papers from American Angus Association. Come on lawyers quite being naive. Go to your local grocery store meat market that has “Angus Meat”. Ask the butcher to prove it is Angus. Ask “How do you know this is Angus”? None of them will have an acceptable answer. I have tried it. They look at you with a bland stare. They can’t answer. Come on lawyers, quite chasing the car crashes and workers comp claims. Kroger, Wal-mart, Sams Club and Hardees are large companies and have deep pockets. There are millions and millions to be made on this advertising scam. The correct method of selling beef is by USDA grade standards of; Prime, Choice, Select and Standard.

JBIII

Ar
  24th of Nov, 2009

I raise purebred Angus Beef Cattle, and I agree that diluting the quality damages the reputation of a great breed of cattle that are known for tenderness, juiciness and flavor because the cattle marble so well. Anything else is a poor imitation of a real quality product. Ray Buck- Archer Angus www.archerangus.com