Saks Fifth Avenue / lost packages

I ordered two items from Saks.com, one was a Marc Jacobs cord bracelet and the other, a Rebecca Minkoff top for a birthday present. When the bracelet arrived, I tried to stretch out the bracelet to see if it'll fit my kid's hand, but as I pulled on the cord, the little gold beads that were glued on the tips of the cord came right off. I was shocked, but not too upset since the item was under $26. The RM top ended up being too big on her, so I ended up shipping both items back. Saks did supply a prepaid label, but I was afraid it would take weeks for it to arrive to them. So I spent a total of $20+ on shipping to mail them out separately (this included both tracking and $100 on insurance), and waited 3 days for them to be delivered. And on the weekend, they arrived safely to the Saks warehouse. And thus, I wait for a refund.

I contacted Saks customer service to see if they received the packages. I supplied them my order numbers and tracking number. However, the reps claimed that, because I didn't use their prepaid label, they were unable to locate my packages. But they assured me that it takes 14 days to process the refund. I waited a few more days and I contacted them again. Once again, they couldn't find my package. They claimed a "shipper" sends the packages to their warehouse and they have no time frame of when they receive it. This is BS, I have paid and shipped back packages back to Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, and they received my packages just fine and I was refunded within 2-3 days. How the hell did Saks suddenly lose my packages? This doesn't make a lick of sense.

Since Saks was so incompetent and refuse to help me locate them, I ended up filing a complaint with PayPal and within 3 days, I got my refunds back for both items. I'm never shopping at this crappy store ever again, and I'll make sure to tell my friends the same thing. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales will be getting my business for now on.

Jo
Dec 19, 2013

Comments

• Su
      6th of Apr, 2018

I have a similar compliant as some of those previously noted. I returned an item ($995.00) using their pre-paid
    shipping label. I have been told three times a refund would be issued only then to be told they couldn't
    locate the returned item. No effort was made by Saks to locate the item. I was told to call the store that sent it,
    by that store told to call a distribution center, then told to call another distribution center. Total run around.
    Will never shop there again. Happy that I have convinced friends, ready to buy designer bag and shoes to shop elsewhere.

• Sh
      24th of May, 2018

I bought 16 sets of dishes, received 8 sets of the smaller ones, but their 'drop ship from vendor' shows it was all on the same tracking number and so they believe I received all. How can 16 sets of 4 china dishes weigh 22.4 pounds? Calling their customer service is a joke. They do investigations which 'expire' and then they want to open up another 'investigation'. When you ask to speak to a manager, be prepared to hang up after 40 minute without your call being answered. This is the worst company. They stole over $2k of my money. Even tried calling 'their vendor' in France, Christian Lacroix, who said to email them but really a Saks problem. Have not heard from either corporation. I filed with the BBB and attorney general. Do NOT spend your money here.