Safeway / dishonest sales

1 Sun City West AZ 85375, United States Review updated:

I have been a Safeway customer for over 60 years. I now shop mostly at the Sun City West
store. Today I looked at a large jar of sugar free Smuckers strawberry jam. It usually costs $5.00+.
Today it was on sale for over $6.00. This is not the first time this sort of pricing has happened here. It happens a lot now. More so than a few years ago. When the cost of gasoline went to $4.00, the price of bread went to $4.50. The price of gas has gone down to $2.70. The price of bread has stayed the same. I can comparison shop. Many people in this retirement community cannot. Safeway used to be a name we trusted; now you seem to be like all the other vultures that try to take advantage of older people. Sad!

Comments

• Gb
      29th of Feb, 2016

That's not the half of it. I used to shop at the Safe.way in Westminster, CO with their intentionally misleading pricing that would make me absolutely irate. There would be a price in large print then in real small print a higher price specifying that the lower price was if you bought two or more. They do this all over the store. In CA where I'm from, the store was called Vons but everything else was identical. I stopped shopping there even though it was around the corner. Fortunately a Walmart Neighborhood Market across the street. I can't believe these axxholes haven't been stopped. There's absolutely no possible argument that this isn't intentional.