SAA / poor service
On 25 Setember 2007 I purchased a ticket from the SAA hub at JHB Airport for an amount of GBP586. The ticket was a fully refundable one way ticket from London to JHB, leaving on 13 January 2008.
I subsequently cancelled the ticket via the London SAA Office and was given a reference number for the refund. I was told that I could only claim the refund from the SAA hub at JHB Airport - notwithstanding that I am currently resident in the UK. I was visiting family in South Africa recently and on 1 April I went to the SAA hub to claim my refund. I was told (a) the reference number given to me was incorrect and (b) I could not claim a refund from the SAA hub. I was given a contact number and told that if I called that number my refund would be arranged. When I returned to London I called the number I was given which turned out to be the incorrect number - it was actually for SAA's General Counsel. I was given another number to call.
When I called the number I was given I was told that the London Office of SAA was who should arrange my refund and I was given yet another number to call. This number turned out to be a fax number!!! The London Office of SAA insist that I have to claim my refund from SAA South Africa.
I have called the number they gave me (customer care) 5 times and still have not spoken to anyone who can help me. It is now 7 months since I purchased my ticket and 3 months since I first tried to claim my refund with no luck. Notwithstanding that I am South African and a Silver Voyager Membner, I will never fly SAA again and will never recommend it to anyone. This experience has left me anything but "proudly South African"!
More SAA Complaints & Reviews
- South African Airways - bad service 
- South African Airways - failure to reimburse for stolen goods 
- South African Airways - overbooked flights??!! 
- SAA - baggage broken, goods stolen 
- SAA - unprofessional service : cabin crew
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - attitude of checkport official phakathi which prevented us to fly out on saa222 to sao paolo on 09/09/2018
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - airline service etc
- South African Airways - refund on ticket not honored
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - lost baggage and very bad service when I called from mauritius on 27 119783733733 on 8th september 2018 at 12:20 sa time
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - theft by staff