Russells / service failure

1 gauteng, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: 0741753776 or 0743114704

Around November 2014 I made a lay-by for a wardrobe at Russells in Dobsonville shopping mall which I finished paying towards the end of December 2014 and the delivery was made on the 06-Jan-2015 and on the 08-Jan-2015 I opened the product only to find that the locker is broken and all the doors are skew and now all the doors are not working. I then went to the branch to complain about it on the 09-Jan-2015 and they sent the complaint to their head office, I received a sms to say that they logged the complaint and someone will call me soon. I went to the branch again a week later and they gave me the head office number which I called on the 27-Jan-2015 on [protected] and I was told by a lady by the name of Fikile that they do not deal with repairs and she gave me the call center number ([protected]) to call. I called the number and spoke to a guy by the name of Nathan and explained my situation, he then told me he was going to call the branch where the wardrobe was purchased and he will call me as soon as he spoke to them. I waited for the call and heard nothing from him, I then called the call center again on the 02-Jan2015 and got through to a lady by the name of Uthia who confirmed the complaint was logged and she was so sorry that no one contacted me still. On the 06-Jan-2015, I made a call again on [protected] and spoke to Glynis who gave me the reference number and forwarded the complaint to the head office. Waited and never got any call from anyone. Again on the 10-02-2015 called the number ([protected]) spoke to Lamla, and she could not assist. On the 11-02-2015 called the number again and spoke to Ruth who then gave me a different number for the head office ([protected]) and the lady I spoke to told me her manager will call me back and never did, and I called again to tell them I need them to come and collect their wardrobe and pay back my money. Only then I got a call from Praise who wanted to know what was the problem, I then told him that I needed them to refund me and they must collect the product. He then told me he will get someone from the head office to call me by the latest yesterday. I did not get the call, I then called him (praise) this morning and he then told me they were having a problem with their system hence they did not call me. He then forwarded the case to head office and gave me the reference number [protected] and told me someone will call before the end of business day.

Please advise what to do as I do not want that wardrobe anymore and want them to refund me and they they must collect it.

My contact numbers are as follows :
1) [protected]
2) [protected]
3) [protected]

Se
Feb 17, 2015

Comments

• Ni
      19th of Jan, 2011
    Russells - Delivery fee reversal pending for 6 months
    Russells

I bought a lounge suite from Russless Randburg in mid-August 2009. They took long to deliver them and I went to collect them myself. So they promised they will reverse the delivery fee of R1, 000 they charged me. I have made more than 15 calls and visits to the manager and nothing has materialised. They always tell me by 'this Friday' it will be done. I am tired of this and all i want is them to settle my account.

• Su
      5th of Feb, 2011
    Russells - Stop harassing me with calls
    Russells

I am tired of you calling me unneccesarily every month.I was wondering, how can you call me just to tell me that you received my payment and one of your sales consultant told me that all these calls you charge them from my account. So, when calling me you just want to charge me for nothing. So stop it now.