Rpm / Rude Phone Rep - Bogus Claim!

RUDE woman called from RPM today asking if my unlisted home phone number was the number for an LLC my husband was involved with (which dissolved over a year ago). When I told her NO, so asked for him. I offered to take a message as he is at work, and instead of providing me with information and a message, she would only leave a number. I refused the number without further info. She assured me "Oh we WILL be calling back!" So I googled RPM to discover they are a debt collection agency. We don't have any debt associated with that LLC. I am not planning to talk to them again, and would like to block them from calling me! Anyone know how I can report these people to the BBB?

Comments

• Se
      27th of Jun, 2009

Hi i'm writing you in with regards to your comments about rpm. I am a senior collector with the company. in your comment y0u said you dont have a debt, ok, well when the collector calls, ask for more info pertaining to the debt, like social, phone numbers, if it was reported to the credit bureaus.. people often complain about are agencies but do nothing to protect themselves.. if you have a debt that's a few years back, you might not recognize who the debt belongs to now. for instance if your getting calls from us for a GE capitol credit card, your going to yell at us saying you never had acct and ask why we reported to your bureau: well the thing people dont know, is that GE capitol is the sole owner of the credit care you had in collection: as an example: target, mervyns, jc penny, kmart, walmart are just a few listed under the GE capitol services. all im saying, is just be patient with the collector, they will give you the information that you need

• Sp
      30th of Nov, 2009

hahhaha that's so funny because when I tried to be patient with "the collector" and asked for specific information in regards to my bill "the collector" at RPM did not answer me and instead interrupted me. So um, yeah. That's just a plain ###ed way to get people to pay old new or whatever bills they may or may not have...um mister "senior collector." Nice try though.