Royal United Mortgage / appraisal fee

Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

On 04/11/17 we started an application with this bank, for a home equity loan, yes, we asked for a home equity loan, we got to talk to Dante Fratturo, who was supposed to help us with the process, he took an application, we signed, and we paid for an appraisal, before we started with the application we were honest up front, telling him that we had bankruptcy in 2011, he said that it should't be a problem, so based on that answer we decided to continue with our application, we dont currently owe any money on our property but we wanted to borrow to get some improvements, the loan officer was always on top f the situation, always available during the beginning, but he started disappearing when we asked why we were not doing a home equity, he said that we only qualify for an fha loan??... even on that we said ok, so appraisal was done, and we never hear back from Dante and the other representatives that were doing follow ups during the process, finally on 04/27 Dante replied saying that we was still working on the loan trying to see if he could help with the bankruptcy, that is when we told him, how come? we told you about it and you confirmed that it wont be a problem, oh well, he never replied, never, until 04/29 when we got a notice of denial from the bank. So here we are, we lost $500, nobody gets back to us, nobody returns emails or phone calls. We want our money back, it is just not fair that way the handle applications, they should be honest from the beginning.

Pa
May 1, 2017

Comments

• Gg
      10th of Oct, 2017

I just went through the same type of incident with this Royal United Mortgage Company. They don't want to refund me my appraisal fee. I also am out $200 for painting that they required on the house for the loan to be approved. I too was discarded. I tried reaching my lending officer many times. I emailed, etc. It seems a lot of these people work two jobs and can only get with you in the evenings. Nonetheless, I recommend staying away from this company!!