Royal Holiday Club Vacation Package / scammed. lied and fraudulent information about the package sold

1 PO BOX 29352Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 800 961 1810

My husband and I purchased into Royal Holiday Club (RHC) vacation package at the Bavaro Princess Hotel in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic September 2008.

We were sold based on a points system, but were also told that we could go to the Bavaro Princess, or 6 other resorts including Caribe Princess, Melia and etc, anytime not using our points, and just pay the all-inclusive fee and the discounted air fare rates.

At the time of the sale, they did not have english catalogues and told us the catalogue of all available resorts/hotels will be mailed out to us. On the wall at the entrance were the 6 resorts in Punta Cana which they kept on advertising for free travel. But when we came back and tried to make reservations for Bavaro Princess (where we bought the package), we were told numerous times that it won't be available for the next 3-4 months. And to our shock we were informed that only other available resort in Punta Cana was Caribe Princess and for that we do have to use our points. Also, we were shown luxury jacuzzi suite mentioning that anywhere in the world we decide to make reservations, Royal Holiday Club members will only get rooms of this standard, such as ocean view and jacuzzi facilities. But during the reservations, I was told that only junior suites are available.

Numerous times that I have called RHC [protected]) I have been hung up on and transferred from department to department not being able to answer my questions. Each time I am assigned a different personal agent (attempting to make me feel special by assisgning my own agent at RHC) that is suppose to assist me but each time you call them they have no idea who you are.

We were also told that as Royal Club members that we will be treated with special care by getting picked up from the air port by Royal Club. But when I called reservations I was informed that I had to make arrangements for pick up by calling the hotel directly.

The discounted air fares they so harped on turned out to be fraudulent as well, as it turns out there's an agent they forward you to [protected]) which calls you back with rates higher than what you can get from a regular travel agent and the agent sounds very amateur and inexperienced.

Since I realized that the incentives sold to us at Bavaro Princess were not the true nature of the package we own, I decided to call and cancel the contract. Then they informed me that I am not able to cancel it and I can either sell it or transfer it. I was shocked and amazed as I was told by the agent in Punta Cana that I will be able to cancel the policy.

Then only that I went home and read the fine print on the contract. It doesn't state any of the incentives they kept on selling us in Punta Cana. Then we decided to google Royal Holiday Club and we came across many people that are going through similar issues as us. There was also a program done on ABC 20/20 about Royal Club Vacation Scam.

During the RHC presentation in Punta Cana they kept on showering us with alcohol (using the knowledge gained by us that we were celebrating our one year anniversary)..and when we decided to leave, they kept on showering us with incentives such as upgrading our room and free spa services etc. Then the final pitch was that we are able to cancel it later but the decision had to be made on the spot. The 45 minute promised presentation turned in to them locking us in the room for 6 hours with many alcohol beverages and us signing a contract that we had no idea had so much written in fine print.

Please help us to get out of this ridiculous and mislead contract!!!

Comments

• Di
      17th of Feb, 2009

As of February 17, 2009 we have still not heard back from Royal Holiday Club, with respect to the inwriting cancellation and the phone call cancellations. We are currently working with a lawyer in Toronto to bring this company to justice.

• Ke
      12th of Oct, 2010

We did the same mistake and we are looking for a way out.

• De
      26th of Dec, 2010

Hi my name is cathy.My husband and i went to punta canta in oct 2010.We sat down with a sales pitch on how much money we could save over the next 30 yrs.And we could save on flight.We were shown up granded rooms.Stating that we could go anywhere in the world with grand bahia princhipe resorts.My problem is we put 5 thousand down already.And we have 30 days to pay the rest.I'm very scared we have tried to call many times and we always get the run around.I keep reading on this being a scam.Please repond to this and give me some more information.Thank you so much...