Royal Holiday Club / terrible everything!

1 5727 NW 7thStreetMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-961-1810

While we were vacationing in Aruba on September 24, 2007 we entered in good faith into a contract with Royal Holiday Club with a purchase price of $ 9, 752.00 and a closing cost of $700.00. We were told that we would be given an additional 1500 points to the 20000 points that we had coming to us. Only to find after the closing of the contract that we had to pay $405 activation fee before we could use it.

When we looked on the back of the certification we we learned that it was the actual purchase cost. That made us investigate the program. We were told by the financial representative that our points was not use for cruises. We went over this a number of times to make sure we heard correctly, the answer was the same, 'no' it would be taken from the membership dues. She gave an example of how she sent her mother on a cruise vacation with a friend not having to spend additional money. Her sisters thought she was a rich person as she put it. She wanted to know if we had a cruise in mind which we did as we told her the Black Sea she advised us to go ahead and book it.

We requested private time and call her back twice to reassure us that the cruises would be taken from the dues each time it was 'yes'. Immediately started our investigation only to find out that we had been lied too. We notified American Express that we were holding our payment until our concerns were addressed they have not been address we asked that our contract be canceled but that was denied 4/24/08 but our concerns not addressed we were only reminded that we signed a contract. We are not denying we sign the contract but tricked into doing so by giving false information. A large book was given to us to read after the signing of the contract .

Va

Comments

• 20
      20th of Dec, 2010

I got scammed when I was in honeymoon in Mexico. I paid the downpayment for trial membership. I cannot commented on the services provided by Royal Holiday but the salesperson was definitely liars. When I called the customer services to verify if the salesperson was telling lies, royal holiday customers services gave me another lies and tried to persuade me to upgrade my trial membership to full membership.

• Fo
      7th of Nov, 2012

Please is there a forum that governments actually hear?
    I would like to write all the details of my experience getting scammed by Royal Resorts
    What's the use of government if not to govern