Royal Holiday / fraud & cheating!

Mexico Review updated:

I signed with Royal Holiday for a Platinum membership in September (2007). In spite of being Mexican, I write my complaint to this American web-site because, as far I understand Royal Holiday is an International company with headquarters in Miami.

I have not had time to "enjoy" the benefits of my membership but problems came first. Before the Platinum membership, I had signed another agreement in August 26 for a Bronze membership, but soon they convinced me that a Platinum membership was the better. Their offer seemed to be good and I signed the new agreement in September 17 (2007). The first line in the new contract explain: "Modification agreement" in reference to the first membership acquired in August 26 (quoting the number of the original agreement). And, of course, this new agreement canceled all the obligations of the original document signed in August 26 and described the new financial obligations.

I was happy and everybody was happy. But it was a lie. Royal Holiday took more than 9,000 dollars (91,000 pesos) for this new agreement and have continued charging me 750 dollars a month for the old agreement, which it means that they are collecting money from the two agreements. And that is illegal.

I have not received either the "certificate" of reimbursement from Granthix Capital Financial Services nor the "fabulous" platinum card. Instead, I have read horrors about ROYAL HOLIDAY. I WILL SUE against Royal Holiday, by fraud. And I sum my complain to thousands of scammed Canadian, American and Mexican people

Comments

Ma
  14th of Oct, 2007
Royal Holiday made promises and lied about the contract.Our contract does not mention the five day cancellation policy. We paid with credit card using Citibank , thinking we had protection, but Citibank is not standing behind us... This was July of 2005, we are still fighting Royal Holiday and Citibank over the charges and fraudulent contract.

Beware!
Ga
  12th of Dec, 2007
We understand your disappointment with RHC. We have been trying ( with NO success ) to get a copy of our contract from them for 2 yrs. My husband bought a membership from them in 1997. It was ONLY supposed to be for 10 yrs. NOW in 2007 they claim it is a 30 yr contract. My husband would have never agreed to a 30 yr contract at our age. RHC is deceitful and they lie. We now have to have our lawyer get involved to deal with this mess.
La
  25th of Feb, 2008
ROYAL HOLIDAY IS A SCAM
Royal Holiday Club from Los Tules in Puerto Vallarta sold us at time share contingent upon the purchase of our existing timeshare, we made it perfectly clear that would be the only reason we would purchase it.

They guaranteed that our timeshare would be purchased in 180 days from the time we Signed, they (RHC employees) contacted International Leisure Group and produced a guarantee of purchase of our existing timeshare,(Royal Holiday employees evaluated the value) hence we believed them and opened an account RCI thru Bank of America, Tony Navarro and Javier Machado of Royal Holiday Club (sales personnel) assured us that it would be 6 months before B of A would send any account statement and that by that time the purchase of our existing time share would be completed, this occurred on 7/2/07.

Upon thinking about the contract we went back Los Tules and tried to cancell the contract on 7/05/07, they told us not to worry and went on to re-assure us that we were only doing an exchange, we then asked why we had to open an account with RCI Bank of America they told us that many prospect buyers had change their minds after recieving the money from sales of their existing timeshare and this was only a precaution on their part.

As soon as we got back from vacation we faxed proof of ownership of our existing time share like were asked to International Leisure Group, a few weeks went by and nothing happened by this time we had a bank statement from B of A we contacted Tony Navarro @ 011-52(322) 226-6200 Ext 107, he said he would contact Gene Cantrell and again re-assured us everything would be OK. Well nothing happened but on August 20th after numerous calls to Royal Holiday, Gene Cantrell called and said we had to pay closing cost & interest to Mexico in the amount of $ 2,619.00 (we paid) they promised (Gene Cantrell/Joe Harrison/Jack Lewis) that the deal would close on September 10th 2007. As you can seen we worked with them in good faith. I later had to dispute this charge because they failed to provide the service.

This was now October 20th and nothing happened, we closed the accounts. Bank of America wants to open the account
with Bank of America. We will continue to dispute these charges. Attached are similar cases against RCH.

I have contacted the disputes department @ B of A.

Leonardo Zarate/Guadalupe Tamayo