Royal Holiday / ripped off
While on vacation in Cancun in July of 2005 our family was solicited to attend a presentation given by Royal Holiday at RHC Hyatt Cancun. We were told several statements that were simply not true. We were subject to several misrepresentations that have been proven to be totally false.
1. We were told that all hotels would be equivalent to the Presidential Suite that we were shown or better & that the hotels would be 4 or 5 star hotels only. The choices of hotels to choose from we received did not contain the same quality brand or specifications offered us at our sales presentation.
2. We were told that unused points could be carried over indefinitely from year to year anytime they were not used. Within 48 hours we read in the booklet that this was not true so Roger went in to discuss with the sales person & was told that the rule book was wrong & out of date & did not apply now and that the rules have been changed & not to worry about what the book stated. Our points have not rolled over.
3. We were told that we would have matching points with the reputable RCI Company. Yet RCI charged us a yearly fee & the same trips were twice the number of points for the mostly 3 star locations. We made it clear to the salesperson at Royal Holiday at the presentation that we were not interested in staying in 3 star locations & would buy only if the hotels were 4 star or higher. The sales person stated that the hotels were 4 or 5 star hotels to choose from & that the book showing lesser quality hotels was in the process of being updated to include the deluxe hotels we were desiring to vacation. After hours & days of phone calls & internet correspondences attempting to resolve using RCI using Royal Holiday conversion points we attempted to book online and were unable to book anything online due to RCI points & Royal Holiday not matching as was stated to us in the presentation and Royal Holiday not releasing our points.
4. We were also told that if we attempted to use the product & it was not to our satisfaction that Royal Holiday would buy back what we purchased at full cost with no questions asked. This false statement was made to trick us & get us to take advantage of the revised price of the package at the time of the sale. They repeatedly reduced the price and offered more points to secure higher quality hotels that we did not qualify for nor were there locations that we were interested in vacationing.
5. The high pressure sales team made several promises that were not true. Given the truth about the product we would have never agreed to buy. When we requested our money back from Nancy D’Argence she would not return our emails or our phone calls.
6. We have not used this product as it is not what we agreed to purchase. Every year we attempt to resolve by contacting Royal Holiday & we are told more lies. Every 1st of the year we are threatened by Royal Holiday to ruin our credit if we do not pay maintenance fees for a product we will not & cannot use due to low standards of locations, number of points received, and lack of receipt for what were promised. Royal Holiday uses their company Concord Servicing Corporation to send us threatening correspondences & harass us with phone calls threatening to ruin our good credit if we do not pay maintenance fees yearly. Concord Servicing Corporation is Royal Holiday PO Box 150 Scottsdale, AZ 85252 at physical address of 4725 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 300 Scottsdale, AZ 85251 phone [protected].
We feel that a full refund of $25, 884.16 & $1, 800 in fees are justified since Royal Holiday made several false statements regarding what they were offering versus what we received & never used. We will never use this bogus company for travel yet are forced to pay yearly maintenance fees or threats are made against our credit. For 3 years we have paid yearly maintenance fees just to prevent Royal Holiday/Concord from destroying our credit. This is the first year that we have refused to pay these ridiculous maintenance fees & we have been harassed endlessly. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS BAIT & SWITCH. PLEASE REFUND OUR MONEY ASAP!
More Royal Holiday Complaints & Reviews
- Royal Holiday Club - class action lawsuit! 
- Royal Holiday Club - got money back and contract cancelled! 
- Royal Holiday - royal holiday is a scam! 
- Royal Holiday Club - problems getting cancellation! 
- Royal Holiday Club - cancellation of contract 
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - royal holiday vacation package
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - royal holiday vacation club
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - membership dues, inability to use timeshare and not honoring. agreed upon contract. would like all dues and fees paid refunded
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - this company is a scam
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - holiday