Royal Holiday / list of all the thieves we dealt with at royal holiday

Beware of Royal Holiday! Royal Holiday will scam you out of your hard earned money! Here's a copy of the letter I sent to Profeco summarizing my experience with the crooks at Royal Holiday.

I am writing this letter to file a formal complaint against Royal Holiday a.k.a. TRAVEL EXPERIENCE, and to seek your help in reclaiming funds that were fraudulently charged to my account by this company currently based in the Hyatt Cancun Caribe Resort Hotel. My wife and I were accosted by one of their representatives as we exited customs and were lured with free tours and taxi fare into one of their vacation presentations. We met with them on Sunday May 6, 2007 and sat through over five hours of pushy sales tactics and incentives geared to lure us into a signing a contract. Their sales tactics are reprehensible if not downright illegal. They misrepresented the terms of the service that they claim to provide and used incentives and alcohol to coerce us into making a poor decision. We eventually agreed to sign the contract with the understanding that at any point later in our vacation we could simply call back or stop by and cancel with no ill effects. They also asked us to agree to a ‘pre-authorization’ of our American Express card, NOT a charge, for the down payment amount to lock in the incentives that they had promised. Our instructions were simply to determine how we would like to handle the real down payment and to contact them once we had made our decision. At no point did they inform us of the five-day Mexican right of cancellation nor did they indicate that a Notary Public was present during the signing of the contract. In fact, we have a copy of our contracting stating that "This agreement cannot be canceled by either party...". This is fraudulent according to Mexican Law. We left their office on Sunday with the understanding that nothing would be charged to us unless we called back to authorize it. Since neither my wife nor I speak Spanish and because we are novice travelers, we did not find an Internet connection until Wednesday May 9th, 2007. It was at this time that we realized that our American Express account had been fraudulently charged on two separate occasions for a total of 16904.07 US dollars. These charges were made on May 6th 2007. We immediately attempted to call the telephone number provided on the contract on 3 separate occasions on May 9th 2007 to cancel the contract and reverse the charges but no one answered. We also attempted to file a dispute for those charges with American Express but unfortunately the collect number on the Amex card did not work from the hotel phone. We kept getting a Spanish-speaking operator whom I could not understand. My mobile phone also did not work. We decided that we would head over to Hyatt hotel before we left on Saturday May 12th 2007 to resolve this issue in person since we had two remaining tours planned for Thursday and Friday. Our goal was not to delay but rather to try to make the best of the remainder of our vacation. My wife and I printed out a copy of our American Express bill on Thursday and attempted to contact them again via phone with no success. We finally went to the Hyatt hotel on Saturday May 12th to cancel the contract in person but none of the original three people we dealt with were there. We spoke to another manager who tried to appease us with an additional 15000 points but we turned him down and insisted that we wanted to cancel the contract. At this point he informed us that the 5-day cancellation period had expired and that there was nothing he could do. He then brought us to the on site director, Daniel Villa, who told us that he would explain the situation to the corporate office and they would contact us on Monday May 14th at my office in the US. They never did. We didn’t realize the extent of the fraud by this company until we returned home and were able to contact countless others via the Internet who have been similarly scammed by this company. I have included additional attempts to cancel the contract via email but I have received no replies. I am therefore hoping that you can help me resolve the fraudulent charges in the amount of 16904.07 US dollars.

All off these people are crooks! Please do not trust them and please don't fall for their scam! Also, please don't support the Hyatt Cancun Caribe resort. They know what's going on and do nothing to stop it!!

Here's a list of all the thieves we dealt with at Royal Holiday. Orlando??, Alex??, Hector Montalvo, Daniel Villa.

hmontalvo@royal-holiday.com, ccarballido@royal-holiday.com, service@royal-holiday.com, new_member@royal-holiday.com, hyattcancuncaribe@hyattintl.com

Comments

• Rh
      14th of Jun, 2007

Arturo Martinez, he call himself Art Martinez and claimed as Dir of Marketing.

2nd of Mar, 2008

I also was scamed told points could be banked each year , told points could be used for airline tickets, all enclusive fees, vip member always get reservation the list go on & on &on.

2nd of Jun, 2009

This is amazing¡¡¡¡ you guys are complaining about timeshes and the advertisment above are from time share¡¡¡

16th of Jan, 2010

I too have been ripped off, lied to, and put on ignor by Royal Holiday Vacations Club. I recently purchased a package from "Victor", the manager of the vacation club located in the Grand Paradise Bavaro in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Two days after making my downpayment and while reviewing my paperwork and the Royal Holiday binder that I was provided AFTER paying and signing, I discovered many discrepincies in what I was promised and what I had actually received. I tried seeing Victor before my vacation ended but since it was the xmas and boxing day, the office was closed. I had to leave without being able to see him again. I asked for his email address so I could contact him after returning home and I was given a bogus email address. I have since contacte customer service several times asking them to forward my email of complaints to him directly or help me in anyway that they could in getting me some information. I have also emailed my apparent "personal vaction representative" with the same request several times. I have not even received any type of response from anybody. After reading several complaints from many other people it is obvious that I will not get any response and that my money is just gone. I have been scamed! Royal Vacations is obviously out to rip off anybody that they can and take you for as much as they can suck you in for. They load you up with alcohol and then take full advantage of the situation. I did read in someones complaint that after several attempts at emailing to the company that they finally pasted a copy of their email directly onto Royal Holidays website. It was only after doing this that they finally were contacted by the company. If that is the only way to get a response then I suggest that we all try doing that (if they havn't found a way to block people from doing that). I am going to give it a try because it is obvious by what I have been reading that sending them countless emails is not going to get me anywhere. This is something that needs major media attention to bring awareness to people around the world to protect themselves from being taken advantage of by Royal Holiday Vacation Club. They are out to outright rip people off for what ever they can get out of them!!!

• Ju
      12th of Apr, 2011

Well I was tricked to buy too since when i agreed to buy my bronze plus they promissed airline tickets plus all inclusive and on top of all that they told me i could sell my time shares and make money beside paying my annual fees so it sounded so good that i paid 10 000 .They gave me a paper where it says rentsure and when i tryed to do so they said they didnt know what i was talking about, I havent paid the annual in two years and im receiving numerus of treats saying they are going to ruin my credit and so on I really dont know what to do Im still paying for that loan and besides I havent even use the points that supposely I bought.

13th of Apr, 2011

Hi
    Allow me to ask you if you have on written the airfare tickets or if the rent sure is a permission to use the rentsure program?
    I'm akking because if you do, you have a good chance to cancel the contract and get part of your money back.
    Where do you purchase?