Ross Dress for Less / terrible service

1 PAMonaca, PA, United States Review updated:

My name is John and i recently went to the Ross in Monaca PA. And i had horrible time. The floors were a mess. There were a number of clothing items that were out of place. There are cloths all over the place. I happen to go there when the plumbing was out and i had to go next door to use the bathroom. But the worst part is, there was "stuff" comming out of the sewer and it smell horrible. They should of shutdown the store. I went to an employee and the employee did not know when the plumbing would become available again. When purchasing, the lines were long and i waited about 15 minutes just to get ring up. There was other employees doing markdowns. I ask an employee why they don't call up more people to ring and the response was horrible. They said it was the people ringing were the only ones that have been train and there were no other people to ring. It was a really bad expierence. My new shirt i bought smelled horrible. i washed it and it was still smelling.. errrrrr

ROSS DRESS FOR LESS IS A TERRIBLE STORE.

GO NEXT DOOR TO MARSHALLS. IT'S NOT HAS CHEAP. BUT THE EXPERIENCE IS BETTER.

Jo

Comments

• To
      27th of Feb, 2008

If it smelled that bad why did you not just turn around and leave? You know there was no one there that made you stay and purchase a shirt... Quit you crying it like do you have nothing better to do than go online and ### about something the store itself had little control over. After reading the complaints on this site I think that Americans have gotten to a point where we no longer appreciate and value how lucky we are. And we are willing to complain about anything and everything and not step up and change the situation. Like you could have turn right around and left and went to another store that did not have a plumbing problem and purchased your shirt. But instead you stayed even though you were unhappy with the situation and then complain about it later on the internet. Boo hoo for you.

• Az
      20th of Apr, 2008

Ross has no organization and lacks good management. they need to hire a college graduate with management skills.

• Fr
      9th of May, 2008

So you went into a store that smelled horrible and took your time shopping... at your own free will. I'm sure the employees who had to work 6-8 hour shifts in the stench for minimum wage while customers yelled at them and left scattered merchandise in their wakes were lucky to have you.

• Sp
      25th of Jun, 2008

Going to Ross is like going to a garage sale. Everything looks used or dirty.

• Je
      28th of Apr, 2010

My incident occured in San Jose, CA located on Curtner (new store) in the Willow Glen area.

On sunday I went to Ross with two dresses and receipts inside the Ross plastic bag for return. As I entered, there was a super long line. So I decided that I don't wan to stand in line once for the return and then another time if I decided to buy something. I saw some dresses that I would like to try on. I went to the dressing room and the rude fat woman (between 20's to early 30's) told me I cannot bring my bag into the dressing room. I told her she need to make sure no one touches my stuff and she said okay. But I can tell that look on her face that she didn't like what I just said to her.

As I came out, she was no where to be found and there was only one bag there, so I assumed it is mine cuz there is no other bag outside of the dress room. I ended up not buying anyting and decided to return my two dresses during the weekdays since it is always quiet and no line. I am a stay home mom. Today, I decided to go and return my dresses and I opened up the bag which was tied in a knot. I was shocked to find out that the items inside the bag wasn't mind. There was a pair of children jeans size 14 with brand name tag but no Ross tag and a super huge polyster cheap pair of short with a ross mark down tage of $5. My gutt feeling is someone must heard what I told the dress room lady that it is two really nice dresses and she must look after it cuz I don't want anyone stealing them.

My worst fear happened on sunday. Someone stole my bag and walked out of the store since there is no sensor on them. Or my other hutch is the store dress room employee got pissed off at me and switched the items to get back at me.

I called to the store today and no one seem to care enough to help me. They told me that the store manager isn't there. I guess I have to take that big lost and return the polyester shorts for $5 store credit since it is not my item and I don't have the receipt to it.

This happen like around 2 p.m. at Ross. If you are corporate, you should make your employees are accountable for things like this cuz if it happen too many times, you will lose your good customers and attract only the bad customers. Deep in my heart is that I stil think that the Ross Employee switched my stuff to get even with me. I spend hundreds of dollars at Ross already. You wouldn't want all your customers to go to Marshall and TJMAXX. They carry identical products for similar prices. I am just a loyal customer and only putting up this complaint so higher mangement know about these kinds of issues at Ross.

If some Target can help friendly and polite employees, you can too do that!!!