Ross Dress for Less / Discrimination from employees and manager

San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
As I walked into the Ross store in San Francisco I was immediately told by loss prevention that I was not allowed in the store app on asking why he had informed me that he had caught me a month ago stealing immediately I ask for a manager and after waiting for 15 to 20 minutes finally after she showed up I had explained to her that I had never been in that store before and they must have me confused with somebody else I proceeded to tell her that I had never been there before because I had recently moved to the Bay Area less than 2 weeks ago and after the loss prevention said that he caught me a month ago I told him that was impossible the manager cited with him and said if he caught you stealing then you must have been and told me to leave the store immediately after she had said that I let her know that I would be contacting corporate she said that was fine upon exiting the store she had looked over to the loss prevention employee and laughed and the gentleman for loss prevention said to her people that look like that are always the one stealing after I had heard what he said I turn back around and asked him to repeat what he said and he said people like you that dress in trashy clothes with all those tattoos and piercings you're the type of people that could never work and the person that delivers my pizza working minimum wage and makes no real kind of money. After he finished saying that to me I replied with asking for his name? He didn't want to tell me it at first and tried turning to the side so I couldn't see his name tag. Eventually I was able to see it and then ask for the manager's name and she said it very quietly and I had to ask her to repeat it multiple times before she finally said it loud enough that I was able to hear it and that's when I walked away and walked out of the store. Once I was outside talking to a friend and explaining what had happened I observed the two employees standing there laughing to one another and pointing to show other employees who they were talking about when telling the others of the story of what just happened as they were telling the story all the employees gathered around to listen and none of them we're doing their jobs and there was about 10 different people ignoring their job just to stand around to listen to gossip.
Ho

Phone: (925)965-4400

customer.service@ross.com
Gl
  9th of Apr, 2018
I work at Ross, only because now I need the job, but this company is the worst, not only do they treat their employees like we are thives their entire loss prevention is a joke. They are constantly profiling people for "supposed shoplifting" a lot of them are biased towards Mexican and African American's. This company has an absurd belief that if you greet customer repeatedly they are less likely to steal from you. The fitting room process of checking every garment is stupid they prefer to blame employees for theft then actually do something about the real shoplifters. The company atmosphere makes working their a conflict with my values, I believe they treat certain customers unfairly, all because you didn't smile or greet the loss prevention employee you must be up to something. If you speak up about the unfairness about targeting a specific racial group your threatened with calls to the district managers. They treat loss prevention like gods, but reality they are bullies with no power. To add to it I too have been targeted by loss prevention where they are keeping eyes and cameras on you its ridiculous.

Ross Dress for Less Logo Ross Dress for Less