Rogers / internet - upgrade package flat out lies

ON, CA Review updated:

I called Rogers to ask why their website said my package is supposed to give me 80 gigs usage per month, but I was being charged when going over 60 gigs. She said that the package was new, and I was required to upgrade my modem in order to get 80 gigs per month. And of course it would cost $3 per month more in rental fees for the modem. I asked why I needed to get a new modem. She told me that "your older modem can't handle 20 gigs more per month". Are you kidding me? Do you think your customers are idiots?

I asked to escalate the call and talked to another gentleman. I told him what she told me and he offered me a discount on my internet service price for 12 months. But then stated that this locked me in a contract with Rogers where if I cancelled their services, I would have to pay $20 per month left in the 12 month "contract". Wow. Rogers really have you by the short and curlies.

Wi

Comments

• Ro
      Dec 13, 2012

Our Hi-Speed Internet tiers featured on Rogers.com require a Docsis 3 modem, Wilbury. You can choose to remain on your existing plan with your current modem, or you can switch. The choice is yours! :)

• Wi
      Jul 04, 2019

@Rogers_Chris I did not ask for your advice so shut up. These idiots made me so angry that I took my anger out on my mother who was only trying to be helpful. I was just angry at your company that I punched her in the face. She started bleeding and told me to leave her house. I refused Then she threatened to call the police.