Right Toyota / they screwed me on a warranty issue

Right Toyota, of Scottsdale Arizona refused to cover under warranty a transfer case that failed on our '07 FJ on the assertion that it was towed, and therefore it voided the warranty. This, despite the fact that the drive shaft had always been disconnected during towing, and therefore towing could not have caused the transfer case failure. You cannot tow the FJ straight out of the box. You must use a drive shaft disconnect kit. Hundreds are being towed with that same kit, with no problem. We had no problem for over 10, 000 miles of towing! Shame on them!

Va

Comments

• Sw
      25th of Mar, 2009

It is my understanding that the warranty is only honored at Right Toyota and all other Toyota servicing departments. I don't think Right Toyota is the one to blame here it is the manufactor that honors the warranty and they must have failed you caused the problem therefore voilding the warranty... You complaint should be with Toyota motor sales not the dealer they are just the one who had to deliver the bad news, They didn't make the car Toyota motor sales did so you should complain to them. Another thing is you FJ a 4X4 is so it is says right in the owners manual not to tow it because it will cause this issue. I know this because I own one and read up on this before I towed mine. I think you screwed up and are blaming it on someone else for them to pay for your mistake. Sorry ;) Now I guess you know to read your owners manual, know what you can and can't do and be a responsible owner. I love my FJ and I am going to safe guard it and you should too.

• Mr
      1st of Apr, 2009

I bought the 06 Tundra with the extended tire warranty. I had a tire go flat and took the truck to my local dealer around 2 PM and had to wait until after 5 PM to get it looked at. They said it had a side wall thorn and would have to be replaced. They didn't have a replacement and told me I would have to bring ti back Monday. They put the spare on and I left about 6:30 PM.

I went back Monday and it took them about 2 hrs to get the tire replaced and the charge was $178.00. I paid and they said I would have to send in for the warranty refund.
    I got $75.00 back, spent 5 1/2 hours. I called the tire dealer just up the street from the dealer and they told me the same tire total cost mounted and balanced would cost me $105.00.

I got screwed by Toyota that sold me the truck with a worthless tire warranty. I will not forget how I was screwed next time the time comes for a new truck.

The 6 cyl. truck was advertised to get EPA 22 MPG. Most of the time I get 18 MPG. I got 16 to 17 MPG from my full sized Ford.

8th of Apr, 2009

But did you buy the truck and tire warranty from Right Toyota?? No you didn't they don't sell tire warrantys. When I purchases my truck they told me that I could buy one at Discount tire which I did and it covers everything. So why voice your concerns about a dealer who has nothing to do with your issue?. What a ###!

• Dr
      8th of Apr, 2010

look at other comments by "swinger"...he works for Right Toyota...more evidence of how slimey an operation this is

10th of Dec, 2010

Just finally opened the updated email about comments by drsysiphus about me prossibly working for Right Toyota, NO YOU ARE WRONG!! I service and buy my vehicles there and do actually like them a lot. I get sick of people like your self who will slander a business or person because they won't take responsibility for your mistakes. I hate complainers!!