Rent a Center / the insurance policy needs to be changed

Okay well unfortunately my 42inch plasma T.V was stolen among other things. But there is no forced entry or broken windows to show damage to my apt. Basically R.A.C. called it a mysterious disappearance.

I've been a victim of crime I'm a single woman living on my own. And I'm not covered by the Rent a Center Insurance according to there policy I must show proof of damage to my apartment for the stolen TV. on my police report. Which I don't have.

So now I'm forced to continue paying for a TV. That I no longer have until paid in full. So what was the point of paying insurance if it doesn't cover all aspects of theft, the TV was stolen I placed a police report of all that has been stolen but primarily concerned about the TV because it was the only thing in my house not paid in full.

I'm glad I wasn't at home when this occurred and that I'm physically ok. But, I'm not money wise and emotionally ok. It's ugly when you get home from a hard day at work and realized you have just been robbed. Everything I worked hard for was taken that quick.

I don't know I'm upset...

Comments

• Cy
      12th of May, 2010

Written by cynthia, on 12-05-2010 12:50

We need to unite to file a class action suit. I have spoken with an attorney, please contact his office : RAC has done a great deal from unfair debt collection practices, harassment, deceptive prices . His name and office numbers are below: PLEASE CALL TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A CASE AND CAN BE ADDED .

Tom Holman
    1250 Broadway, Suite 3701
    New York, New York 10001
    212-300-0345(Voice); 212-564-5468 (Fax)
    www.holmanlawoffice.com

• Ry
      11th of Oct, 2017

It’s your responsibility to properly secure your home from intruders and if you had there would have to be forced entry somewhere. Perhaps blame yourself for your lack of security for your possessions you worked hard for. It’s a fair policy in my opinion

• Ra
      20th of Oct, 2017

Always find the point of forced entry, and take pictures of the damaged area, make a online police report of the break in and what was stolen, if the police are not looking for that item and there is no report or pictures showing the theft then technically it did not happen and no one can be charged with anything. Trust me there is always some window broken, pry marks on door, lock broken that is considered evidence of a break in, the pics and the report cannot be denied, however, if they are falsified then you can be charged with a making a false report, which I have yet to see anyone get charged with. If it has been pawned at least RAC will get the TV back.

4th of Aug, 2018

They keep threatening us with small claims court and warrants even though we have been trying to pay them!