Reliance Communication / non activation of my old number on new handset

1 India Review updated:

I had a Reliance Handset Cell Phone Nokia 6225 with number [protected]. Due to water lodging my said hand set got non functional. Being beyond economical repair, I did not get my set repaired and decided a buy a new handset. I procured a new Reliance Classic 702 Hand Set (RSN Number : RLOHSC000562924) from Reliance webworld Gallery, Miraroad(E) on 25 August 2007, Saturday at 2000 hours. At that time, I was assured by the Reliance Communication Staff that you will get your number [protected] activated on new handset within two hours.

Till then today is the 6th day, but my number has not so far been activated on my new handset despite my repeated physical visits to Reliance Webworld, Miraroad (E) as well as repeated telephone calls to them. Each time they told me that there is a problem in their network. Due to non activation of my number I am facing a lot of inconveniences.

Comments

13th of Aug, 2008

I purchased a reliance postpaid connection with new classic handset on 22nd July'08 with one year warrenty, but next day charger stopped work .I back to reliance outlet and ask for charger, the dealer repaired the same charger instead of replace it and behaviour was so rude and rough. But after two days it agin stopped working, again I went to Reliance outlet and complaint for charger, the head of dealer named 'Adhision' behaved very abruptlty and rudely he gave me a print out and told me just go to services centre and get repaired it we do not have any responsibilty now. My bettary was about to empty I came out from outlet and caleed to customer care, executive named 'Zuber' replied me, 'no madam there is no need to go to service centre your handset is under warrenty and you have just buy it thaey only have to replaced it this is their duty'. I told to executive please tell this thing to your dealer i am just going back to outlet. I go to outlet but head in outlet deny to receive the call of customer care executive some other dealer named 'Sanjay ' talked took the call he went away from me and talked to executive and then came back and told me madam ytou have to go to service centre, the behaviour was very rough of both and they insulted me infront of all the people. Then I took leave from my officeand went to service centre. There I had to fill up a form and after 25mints somebody told me that ‘you have to come again to collect your charger, it can take 4-5days time’. I went again to service centre and get replaced charger.
    Now I want to know is this right that a person goes to purchase a new connection and get a faulty set and then get the answer we are not responsible that and you have run for service centre in your office working days. Who is responsible? Where should I make a complaint?

• Pi
      24th of Aug, 2008

I have purchased prepaid connection from Mira Road a week ago & submitted related at the same time but documents not reached to the your office yet due to that my services are barred by the customer support.

Please check with Mira Road branch for documents & activate my services at earliest.

Thanks,