Readers Digest Select Editions / select editions

1 CSan Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

I also received a condense book in the mail with a cheap toy. When I last Dec 09 I was told my account was deliquent so I just paid up. Now I received another of these condensed "select books" with an invoice for $30.56. I read all the complaints that I just found & going to call in the morning & cancel this. I never return the sweepstakes info since which I know is major rip off. It is sad because I do like reading the monthly magazine & if they continue to do this I will have no choice but to cancel my suscription.

Comments

• Ck
      4th of Nov, 2008

contest to win ipod
    no such websiteg

• Lu
      12th of Feb, 2012

I received the first book, and immediately sent a letter telling them not to send anymore, and that I would not pay for them if they did.
    sure enough, a few weeks later, another one arrived, with two pieces of junk, but no paperwork of any kind either on the outside or inside of the box.
    a week later, I got a bill for 30.71...which included a sweepstakes entry that I would be required to sign. I believe that if i signed the entry, I would also be signing that I agree to continue getting these unwanted books.
    I also feel that I will be forced to cancel my magazine subscription and all future dealings with this company.
    they scared my mother into paying for numerous books while she was in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. Now I'm old and they're trying to get money from me too. Seems to me that there has to be some consumer agency that should be looking into this practice.

• De
      5th of Jun, 2014

The first Select Edition which I received was titled the Black Box.I did not enjoy reading the novels and it flatly failed to impressed me. In fact I literally stop reading and abandoned the book. And for the price of Singapore Dollars Fifty Six (S$56) it is overpriced. I was shocked when I received the second Select Edition titled the Rosie Project .

I expressed my strong dissatisfaction and told them that the novels are not appetising to me at all. I unwillingly paid for this because they kept sending me multiple overdue invoices with a clause stating that a collecting agency will confront me if I fail to pay! They did not have the decency to reply to my gross discontentment which I highlighted in my earlier correspondence. I did mentioned that I am a totally dissatisfied customer.

A third set was again sent to my letter box! This really sent me up the roof. I now expect further "Overdue Bill" invoices...

Firstly, the reason why I subscribed was because I thought it would be a good read. I was not clear that there would be subsequent volumes. I did ask for clarification about the frequency of this subscription but they were tight lipped. I receive no reply at all! I fell that this method of doing business is dishonest, unscrupulous and unprofessional.

Singapore