RCN / Refund

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I cancelled my internet service because the cable internet was operating as one way only (outbound) with no inbound data so the internet could never connect. A year later I still do not have a refund for the pro-rated difference of my overpayment. A measely $14.76. The third Customer Service representative I spoke with in a year's time was very nice and professional however, when I requested the timeframe for my refund in writing he was unable to comply...he told me he was not allowed (I pressed him to even write me sticky note). So, he transferred me to a billing supervisor (Whitney ID#39108) who in a very mean and condescending way proceeded to inform me that the only way to receive something in writing in any way would be to email Customer Service and receive an email response. Whoever I spoke to before her should be promoted to her job. She sucks at it. I was not being a "bad" customer. No cursing, no yelling, no impatience...I believe you catch more flies with honey than vinegar and yet she started off the conversation like a donkey. The bottom line though, is that they try to keep your money and hope you just forget about it, they are thieves.

Re

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Feb, 2010

I agree with you. I had them as internet and cable services. i canceled my account 3 weeks ago. been told that on the 1st week of February i will have the money back that i over paid for January. its been more than aweek into the month, i just called, and was on the phone for 82 minutes with Chat - the first costumer service Repp. then Shila who was unbelievably rude and impatient to me. then with her Manager.
    All of that because when i called, they suddenly realized that i do deserve a refund (forgot to mention that i called because i got a bill from them for $120 for the dates of Jan 15 (*the day i canceled the services) till feb 22, (its only Feb 8th now)... and they told me after they checked the bill - to ignore it???? whats going on with them????)
    anyways, they told me it takes anywhere between 4-6 weeks to issue a refund check. then Shila told me its actually up to 12 weeksto issue a refund check. unbelievable!!! 12 weeks are 3 months is a quarter of a year!!! that long????
    eventually i asked Shila to talk to her manager, after hold of 10 minutes she says her manager is not available. i began going off that it takes her 10 minutes to find out that her manager is not there? told her i WANT to speak to her manager, she was rude and said its gona take a long long while.
    after another 10 minutes i got to talk to her manager, and in 5 minutes i have been told that in 10 business days the most i will have the money back.
    will see what happens next!!!