RCA / Shipping labels keep getting lost in the mail - yeah right!

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

My father, an elderly man, has purchased 2 RCA Televisions within the last year. Both products have failed. The first within weeks. It was returned to the store and a different model purchased. The second model failed after about 5 months. I am acting on my fathers behalf and I have been trying to get the faulty product replaced every since.

Model L26HD31
Serial # 1281E8347
Case # 3FG5T
Return Number [protected]

I called the RCA service line [protected] in May 2009, inquired about the procedure to have the TV exchanged. I had the required receipt faxed repeatedly to your RCA repair centre. I repeatedly had to call to see if the fax was received. The service department claimed it was not legible. I had it faxed to my office and it was clear and legible. I sent an electronic copy by email to the RCA repair centre.
Each time I call the RCA service centre I am put on hold while someone reviews my file. Calls average around 40 minutes in length. With the electronic version of the receipt received and accepted I was issued a return number and was told a prepaid shipping label would be sent out immediately and that I should expect it within 5 – 10 business days. No label has ever arrived.

I have spoken with a supervisor and a manager. It is always a waiting game. I call and they tell me the prepaid shipping labels will be sent and then I have to wait another 10 business days.

I requested my money back and was told that was not an option. The TV has been defective for months and I have wasted hours on the phone with them. No compensation was offered. No apology was offered, no explanation or assurance that my problem would be resolved. I must wait again for a shipping label to arrive. I am concerned the replacement product will also fail.

I called the RCA service centre, I believe it is run by DEX. I requested information to contact the head office and was told that no information on RCA could be given out for security purposes. What kind of joke is that?

I called again today and tried to get the agent to walk me through the process of sending the labels. He hung up on me. I called back and persisted on talking to a manager. The manager looked at my case file and finally admitted that no prepaid shipping labels have been sent.

Comments

• Ca
      20th of Oct, 2010

I bought a RCA 42" from Walmart, it broke in less than a year, The store would not take it back or exchange it, I have phoned and faxed everything to the rca people, they said that it would take 4 to 6 week's to sent a repair man to my house, I phoned back to make sure they recieved my fax, talked to the same girl, on the same day and she couldn't remember anything about me, great eh"" now I have a 42" lemon sitting on my living room floor. I paid in good faith, good money and Walmart should rescept that, I bought my tv from them, they have my money, I am very upset about this, talk about beening taken!! if it was just me, but my son's rca 42" broke just after the year was up, again from Walmart, Canadian's wake up!!!