RCA Electronics / No repair
I purchased the RCA Audio System RS2058 from newegg.com on 6/24/007, It arrived July 1, 2007. The unit would only play a few seconds of a cd before it jumped to then next cd. In single play mode, it would only play a few seconds before ending. In "random" mode it would play on a few seconds before jumping to another track. I emailed RCA support about its mal-functioning on 7/5/2007. RCA returned the email and had me call an 800 number and also per page 29 of the manual explaining the warranty, I took it to a authorized repair center in Houston, TX, where it sat till Jan 2, 2008 unrepaired. RCA changed the warranty after the fact to mail in repairs only, so I paid to mail it to Venture Electronics, their case #US002404w. In February 2008 they sent me a single cd player as a replacement (value $60) for my 5 cd changer (value $178). This was unacceptable and on Feb 29, they sent me a UPS label to return the single player unit(1ZR188379072309533). Venturer called March 30 and asked me to call them. I returned their phone on March 31 and was sent to voice mail. I called twice weekly till April 3 when I attempted to contact AudioVox (who has taken over RCA/Thomson Electronics), and they referred me back to Venturer Electronics. I have been promised multiple times my unit will "ship the next Friday" but so far it has not.
I literally had this unit for 1 week and have now spent more than one year trying to get it repaired.
More RCA Electronics Complaints & Reviews
- RCA 42& LCD HDTV - Stay away! 
- RCA F32650 TV - Defective TV, poor after sales service! 
- RCA TV, Model 20F424T - Poor Quality, Poor Customer Service 
- RCA - Class action lawsuit 
- RCA - Problem hd52w59 tv convergence 
- RCA TV - the warranty service and time it takes
- rca.com / Technicolor - rca cambio 10.1 inch 2in1 32gb tablet with windows 10, intel atom z8350 2gb ram, includes keyboard (purple)
- RCA - tv/dvd warranty not honored
- rca.com / Technicolor - television 
- RCA - television