Raymour And Flanigan / I really should have gone to another store

Horrible experience, yet to be solved. I purchased a queens size mattress, full size and twin size on 04/02, I should have received the complete order as of today, 04/14. They say they delivered a frame and I don't have it; I’m missing the full size 3 mattress and the twin size box spring. It's been 2 weeks and they have no idea about how much longer I have to wait. They really suck!!!

All the special offers are not worth the aggravation, I really should have gone to another store like sleepy or some one else. I keep calling and asking and they simply don't know!

Va

Comments

Sc
  24th of Jun, 2009

With all the frustrations of moving, Raymour & Flanigan put us in a terrible predicament.

They were so happy to take my debit card and swipe it, receiving whatever commission that they received in addition to an expensive purchase made for my mother (who I never wanted to see sleep on the floor anymore).

We already had a U-Haul for our move and thought we could save the price of delivery. So we picked up the bed, and upon assembling it, the bed slats and rails were for a different size bed than we had ordered.

Phone calls were made, in addition to multiple visits to two different R&F stores, but to no avail. The problem could have been fixed actually, if for the time being I was given the correct size from the display furniture, at least until we could receive the right items. Mr. Manager said no and shook his head as if that was the stupidest idea he's ever heard. Whomever we spoke with on the phone said we have to wait a week. Unfortunately, by then we would no longer have the U-Haul, I would be back at work (I took off for the move), and my mother would be still sleeping on the floor. This is in addition to the frustrations of moving.

My mother really loved the bed (it reminded her of her grandmother's), but was so fed up she just wanted to return it. Guess what? They don't do returns and all sales are final, something no representative had explained until our problem had risen (and then we were told "well it was on the receipt").

Okay Raymour and Flanigan, you got me. While dealing with the frustrations of moving (just me and my mother), you managed to prolong and aggravate our emotions. I received a parking ticket for the U-Haul, and you offered to pay half of the ticket. You suggested that I go to Home Depot, with all the frustrations of moving we were already going through, so they could cut it down to the right size; and your company will cover the cost. My goodness, for a Hospitality Management College Student, active volunteer, worker for the Hospitality Industry, and as a human being, I will cut my long story short:

My purchase may not have been the biggest one, but care should have went into my problem. Other worries I encountered during my moving process were all being recycled and I had to deal with little atonement for a mistake that I had no fault for. On Queens BLVD, New York, there are furniture stores galore, all offering their services. We made a decision to choose R & F because of a reputation and standard we believed were held and practiced. However, I do not recommend ANY Raymour & Flanigan because of my experience; well, maybe I would recommend it to an enemy. :)