Quicken Loans / stay away

They tell you your 350 is allowed to be refunded in full but keep it. I was approved I had given then a signed purchase agreement with no seller concessions. but when it came time to close they wanted 3300 more to close they told me to talk to realtor 10 days after original loan was to close and told me to have the house marked up 5000 more and I could close. Stay away unless you want to jump through fire hoops. I will recommend or tell anyone to use quicken loans because they gave realtor an loan approval letter stating my loan was as good as gold now I’m out 350. They don’t answer calls or return phone calls and keep you at stage 3.

Va

Comments

• Va
      7th of Jul, 2008

Beware of Quicken Loans, They promise things that they will turn on in a fraction of a second. I recently tried to check out their offer on the net. And was meant with very unprofessional attitudes as well as great misrepresentation. I was told as well as promised that I had to personally sign a statement and fax it to them before they could credit my credit card account. Not true.

Within an hour of talking to then on the phone and online, I cancelled my activity and interest with them via e-mail. I was told to do this by my credit card company. They also told me that they would not let these charges incur to my account. Wrong!! In two days they hit my account and at the end of the month I saw the charges there I went off. I call my company and had to start some sort of ### complaint form so they could investigate the matter.

Quicken is after your money. First and upfront. No questions asked. This is what they do.

Do not fall for this BS as several others have. They will team coax you on the phone to sway you to be confident in their sincerity. Forget it run while you can.

• Et
      24th of Feb, 2009

Thank you all guys for this important information.
    Recently I got a call from Quicken Chris Wisinski and the scenario was absolutely identical to what you all wrote here. He was so persistant calling me everyday and forcing me to work with them so I decided to search info about them over the internet. And I've found a lot of complaints here and there.
    Then I asked Quicken do not call me anymore and claimed their phone # with Do Not Call Registry, but it didn't stop them to call me every week. Also, since I gave quicken my work email to send me their offer I receive tons of spam emails everyday! My work email was absolutely clean for almost 2 years before I made mistake giving it to those ###. Please, beware! Never give them your email, never.

• Cl
      6th of May, 2009

This message is from the Quicken Loans Client Relations Team. We have tried to identify the author of this review in order to contact you about the concerns. Unfortunately, we are not able to match your information in our database by the details listed in your comment. We would like an opportunity to speak with you about your concerns with the Mortgage Banker. If you would, please contact us at 800-863-4332, or via email at help@quickenloans.com, so we can discuss your situation. It is important for us to listen to our clients and provide excellent customer service as 94% of our clients say they would refer us to friends and family. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Pl
      21st of Feb, 2011

I recently contacted Quicken Loans for a refinance on my current mortgage. I figured they were a reputable company simply because of the amount of advertising they do. After hearing what they could offer me, I agreed to pay the $400 upfront appraisal fee. Originally, Quicken had told me that the interest rate would be locked when I gave them the $400 deposit. Towards the end of drawn out and delayed process, I learned that the rate had gone up .375%. This is when i started doing research to see if others had similiar experiences. I read all of the negative reviews from this website, many of which having to do with my exact situation. At this point, i attempted to get the $400 deposit fee refunded. When it became clear that I would NOT be refunded this money, I started to look elsewhere.

I then obtained a new mortgage lender on a recommendation from a previous complaint that someone had written regarding Quicken Loans. The company is First Integrity out of Costa Mesa California. Their website is www.firstintegrity.us. I could not be happier with my decision. First Integrity kept their word, was in contact with me in every phase of the loan transaction, promptly returned my emails and phone calls, did not charge any upfront fees, gave me accurate upfront quotes, and reimbursed all of my closing costs as promised. My loan representative was Sam Pabuwal, phone number 949-200-7018.

Please do not use Quicken Loans for any reason. If you need more proof, read all of the negative reviews about them on this website.

• Dw
      15th of Jun, 2011

After you send them an initial $500 they never finish your investigation or application.they will always need something else faxed to them. It will eventually cost around $800 to do business with them and then a whopping $5000 closing cost. Stay away from them.