Qatar Airways / stolen ipad from luggage bag

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

First I have to say I remained loyal to this company for over 6 years despite my luggage was lost 3 times, other negative experince I have had and extremly poor service that is only getting worse with every year. This, I hope, was my last flight with qatar and I won't give it a chance again.
So what made me reach this point is that my lugguge bag has been fitched during my last flight and ipad stolen from it.
While waiting for boarding I have been approached by one of the company representative and asked to give my hand luggage bag to the luggage section instead of taking it to the cabin as ' it looked more then 7 kg that was allowed" without even checking the real weight. I have handed over it and didn't even think that I will receive it once I reach final destination opened, searched through by someone and missing something, my ipad.
I am still waiting for responce and noone from the company who I have dealt with regarding my problem has shown any interest to help me or at least any attention. My mail which I have sent to customer complaint department did not have any reply yet and honestly I dont even hope. I have been told that qatar airways does't hold any responsabilities about valuable items loss from lugguge and that it is my responsability to take all my things with me.. Which I did and thats why I carry hand lugguge with me which I was told to give away. Extremly dissapointed.

Ir

Comments

• Jy
      8th of Jul, 2012

The same thing happened with me also today. In Doha Airport, while waiting for boarding one of the airline representative has approached me and asked to shift my hand baggage to the luggage section. I have handed it over and on reaching Thiruvananthapuram Internation Airport (Kerala, India), at 04.00 AM today (9th July 2012), I found that a mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and three wrist watches and my Rayban Sunglasses are MISSING.

1st of Jan, 2013

I have just returned home from a Delhi to Kathmandu trip. On the outward journey the Qatar Airways 14:15 QR012 from LHR to DOH was delayed an hour, which reduced the DOH transfer from 2 hrs to 1hr. Even though the DOH to Delhi flight was delayed for approx 45 mins - to load baggage - my luggage did not arrive at Delhi. It subsequently arrived the next day, as was forwarded to Agra later that evening. Luggage was locked with a TSA aproved padlock, as it always is. On receipt of luggage it had been wrapped in plastic, which I am assuming was done by Baggage Service at Delhi prior to transporting by road to Agra. I found that my Leatherman was missing from the contents. Leatherman was packed in a pack it cube, along with some other items, so would not have been visible if the bag had been opened. Having now checked at home, to see if i had inadvertently not packed it, I am now certain that it was packed in main luggage. I can only assume that the overnight luggage delay at DOH allowed someone enough time to search through my luggage or security scanners to identify a Leatherman, and someone to remove it for their own personal use or gain.

• Ba
      17th of Dec, 2014

İ traveled from Doha to manchester on 5th Nov 2014 with Qatar airlines I was returning to England from Dubia to attend to my seriousy ill wife As İ did not know how long İ would be in the uk i took all my money with me (4 600 pounds) The money was inside an envelope and was in the middle section of my rucksack The rucksack never left my side until İ put it in the overhead locker on the plane İ had an aisle seat under the locker On arrival at my home in the uk İ found that the money inside the envelope had been stolen and replaced by an in flight magazine İ am still in contact with Qatar airlines but no success